A. Original Communications in Reviewed Journals
l. Fein, F., Aronson, R.S., Nordin, C., Miller‑Green, B., and Sonnenblick, E.H.: Altered myocardial response to ouabain in diabetic rats: Mechanics and electrophysiology. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology l5: 769‑784, l983.
2. Aronson, R., and Nordin, C.: Electrophysiologic properties of hypertrophied myocytes isolated from rats with renal hypertension. European Heart Journal 5 (Suppl. F): 339‑345, l984.
3. Fein, F., Capasso, J., Aronson, R., Cho, S., Nordin, C., Miller‑Green, B., Sonnenblick, E. and Factor, S.: Combined renovascular hypertension and diabetes in rats: A new model of congestive cardiomyopathy. Circulation 70: 3l8‑330, l984.
4. Nordin, C., Gilat, E. and Aronson, R.S.: Delayed afterdepolarizations and triggered activity in ventricular muscle in rats with streptozotocin induced diabetes. Circulation Research 57: 28‑34, l985.
5. Aronson, R.S. and Nordin, C.: Arrhythmogenic interaction between low potassium and ouabain in isolated guinea‑pig ventricular myocytes. Journal of Physiology 400: 113‑134, 1988.
6. Nordin, C., Siri, F., Aronson, R: Electrophysiologic characteristics of single myocytes isolated from hypertrophied guinea pig hearts. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology 21: 729‑739, 1989.
7. Arbeeny, C.M., Nordin, C., Edelstein, D., Stram, N., and Eder, H.: Hyperlipoproteinemia in spontaneously diabetic guinea pigs. Metabolism 38: 895‑900, 1989.
8. Siri, F., Nordin, C., Factor, S., Sonnenblick E., and Aronson, R.: Compensatory hypertrophy and failure in gradual pressure overloaded guinea pig heart. American Journal of Physiology 257 (Heart Circ. Physiol. 26): H1016‑H1024, 1989.
9. Gilat, E., Nordin, C., and Aronson, R.: The role of reduced potassium conductance in generating triggered activity in ventricular muscle. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology 22: 619‑628, 1990.
10. Gilat, E., Aronson, R., and Nordin, C.: Triggered activity induced by K+‑ free, Na+ deficient solution in guinea pig ventricular muscle: The effects of ouabain, lidocaine, and Ca2+ channel blockers. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology 16: 267‑275, 1990.
11. Siri, F., Krueger, J., Nordin, C., Ming, Z., and Aronson, R.: Depressed intracellular calcium transients and contraction in myocytes from hypertrophied and failing guinea pig hearts. American Journal of Physiology 261: (Heart Circ. Physiol. 30): H514‑H530, 1991.
12. Nordin, C.: Computer model of membrane current and intracellular Ca2+ flux in the isolated guinea pig ventricular myocyte. American Journal of Physiology 265 (Heart Circ. Physiol 34): H2117‑H2136, 1993
13. Ming, Z., Nordin, C., and Aronson, R.S.: Role of L-type calcium channel window current in generating current‑induced early afterdepolarizations. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 5:323‑334, 1994
14. Ming, Z., Nordin, C., Siri, F.M., and Aronson, R.S.: Reduced calcium current density in single myocytes isolated from hypertrophied failing guinea pig hearts. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology, 26: 1133-1143, 1994.
15. Ming, Z., Aronson, R.S. and Nordin, C: Mechanism of current-induced early afterdepolarizations in isolated guinea pig myocytes. American Journal of Physiology, 267 (Heart Circ. Physiol 36): H1419-1428, 1994.
16. Nordin, C. and Ming, Z.: Computer model of current-induced early afterdepolarizations in guinea pig myocytes. American Journal of Physiology 268 (Heart Circ. Physiol. 37): H2440-H2459, 1995.
17. Ming, Z. and Nordin, C. Terfenadine blocks time-dependent Ca2+, Na+ and K+ channels in guinea pig ventricular myocytes. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology 26: 761-769, 1995
18. Nordin, C. Effect of Ca2+ loading on response of depolarized guinea pig myocytes to premature stimulations. American Journal of Physiology 270 (Heart Circ. Physiol. 39): H447-H465, 1996.
19. Nordin, C.: Computer model of electrophysiologic instability in very small heterogeneous ventricular syncytia. American Journal of Physiology 272 (Heart Circ. Physiol. 34): H1838-H1856, 1997.
20. Grant, T, Soriano, Y, Marantz P, Nelson, I, Williams, E, Ramirex, D, Burg, J, and Nordin, C. Community-based screening for cardiovascular disease and diabetes using HbA1c. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 26: 271-275, 2004.
21. Nordin, C, Amiruddin R, Rucker L, Choi J, Kohli A, Marantz P. Diabetes and stress hyperglycemia associated with myocardial infarctions at an urban municipal hospital: Prevalence and effect on mortality. Cardiology in Review 13: 223-230, 2005.
22. Nordin,C, Kohli A, Beca S, Zaharia V, Grant T, Leider J, Marantz P. Importance of hepatitis C coinfection in the development of QT prolongation in HIV-infected patients. Journal of Electrocardiology, 39: 19-205, 2006.
23. Dattilo, PB, Nordin, C. Case report: Prolonged QT associated with an overdose of trazodone. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, in press.
24. Dattilo PB, Hailper ,S, Fearon K, Sohal D, Nordin C.Beta Blockers Are Associated with Reduced Risk of Myocardial Infarction following Cocaine Use. Annals of Emergency Medicine 51: 117-125, 2008.
25. Mazurek JA, Hailpern SM, GoringT, Nordin C. Prevalence of Hemoglobin A1c greater than 6.5% and 7.0% among hospitalized patients without known diagnosis of diabetes at an urban inner city hospital. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 2010, epub
B. Books, Chapters in Books, and Review Articles:
1. Nordin, C.: Basic relationships between congestive heart failure and ventricular arrhythmias. Heart Failure l: 256‑270, l986.
2. Nordin, C. and Aronson, R.S.: Interactions between oscillatory currents and membrane conductance in isolated cardiac ventricular myocytes: Experimental description and preliminary modeling. In Activation, Metabolism and Perfusion of the Heart S. Sideman, R. Beyar Eds., Martinus Nihoff, 1987, pp. 151‑171.
3. Nordin, C.: Abnormal Ca2+ handling and the generation of ventricular arrhythmias in congestive heart failure. Heart Failure 5:147‑154, 1989.
4. Nordin, C.: Computer modeling of interactions between normal and damaged myocytes: New approaches to the etiology of ventricular arrhythmias. In Modeling and Control in Biomedical Systems: Proceedings of the IFAC Symposium. B.W. Patterson, ed. Madison: Omnipress, 1994, pp.70‑75.