A. Original communications in reviewed journals:
1. Chuang E. Expanding Medical Student and Resident Knowledge of Health Economics, Policy and Management.Academic Medicine. 2011;86:e1.
2. Chuang E, Ark T, LoCurcio M. Narrative Written Sign-Outs and Interns’ and Senior Medical Students’ Confidence: A Randomized, Controlled Crossover Trial. Journal of Graduate Medical Education.2012;4(1):52-57.
3. Chuang E, Ganti V, Alvi A, Yandrapu H, Dalal M. Implementing Panel Management for Hypertension in a Low-income, Urban Primary Care Setting. Journal of Primary Care and Community Health. 2014;5(1):61-6.
4. Whitney P, Chuang E. Relationship between insurance and 30-day Readmission Rates in Patients 65 Years and Older Discharged from an Acute Care Hospital with Hospice Services. Journal of Hospital Medicine. 2016 Oct;11(10):688-693.
5. Taveros MC, Chuang E. Pain management strategies for patients on methadone maintenance therapy: a systematic review of the literature. BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care. Aug 2016. 2017 Dec;7(4):383-389.
6. Chuang E, Kim G, Southern W, Blank A, Fausto J. 30-day readmission rates in patients admitted for heart failure exacerbation with and without palliative care consultation: A retrospective cohort study. Journal of Palliative Medicine. 2017;20(2):163-169.
7. Salomon S, Chuang E, Bhupali D, Labovitz D. Race/Ethnicity as a Predictor for Location of Death in Patients with Acute Neurovascular Events. American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine. 2018 Jan;35(1):100-103.
8. Chuang E, Lamkin R, Hope AA, Kim G, Burg J, Gong MN. “I Just Felt Like I Was Stuck in the Middle”: Physician Assistants’ Experiences Communicating with Terminally Ill Patients and their Families in the Acute Care Setting. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. 2017;54(1):27-34.
9. Unroe KT, Ast K, Chuang E, Schulman-Green D, Gramling R. Implementation of Measuring What Matters in Research and Practice: Series Commentary. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. 2017;54(5):772-775.
10. Chuang E, Hope AA, Allyn K, Szalkiewicz E, Gary B, Gong MN. Gaps in Provision of Primary and Specialty Palliative Care in the Acute Care Setting by Race and Ethnicity. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. 2017;54(5);645-653.
11. Hope AA, Adeoye O, Chuang E, Hsieh SJ, Gershengorn HB, Gong MN. Pre-hospital frailty and hospital outcomes in adults with acute respiratory failure requiring mechanical ventilation. J Crit Care. 2017;11(44):212-216.
12. Salomon S, Frankel H, Chuang E, Eti S, Selwyn P. Implementing Routine Palliative Care Consultation Prior to LVAD Implantation: A Single Center Experience. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. 2018, In press.
13. Chuang E, Hashai N, Buonora M, Gabison J, Kligler B, McKee D. “It’s better in a group anyway” – Patient Experiences of Group and Individual Acupuncture. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. In press.
B. Chapters in books:
1. Chuang, E and Greene, C. Lessons learned in epidemiology and surveillance training in New York City, Chapter 22 in Concepts and Methods in Infectious Disease Surveillance, Mikanatha N, Iskander J eds. Wiley Blackwell, November 17, 2014.
2. Chuang, E and Selwyn, P. Supportive and palliative care for patients with HIV infection, Chapter 122 in Textbook of Palliative Medicine and Supportive Care, Second Edition, Bruera E, Higginson I, von Gunten C, and Morita T eds. CRC Press, November 20, 2014.
3. Chinn, SY, Chuang, E and Gritsenko K. Designing, Reporting, and Interpreting Clinical Research Studies, Chapter 5 in Pain Medicine: An Essential Review, First Edition. Young, RJ, Nguyen M, Nelson E, and Urman RD eds. Springer, in press.
4. Chinn, SY, Chuang, E and Gritsenko K. Epidemiology, Chapter 8 in Pain Medicine: An Essential Review, First Edition. Young, RJ, Nguyen M, Nelson E, and Urman RD eds. Springer, in press.