Step 1: Planning
Planners must view the student activities calendar and Canvas to make sure that the desired date and time are available.
Step 2: Location & Services
A room must be requested through R25. Some locations require that food be ordered through catering. After a confirmation of room reservation, is received, planners must contact any needed service departments, i.e., housekeeping, catering, or AV, to engage their services.
Step 3: Alcohol
- Housekeeping: If furniture is required for the event, the planner must fill out the housekeeping form three days in advance using this form.
- Audio Visual: Audio Visual (AV) requests can be made on the same room request form on R25. Please note that you must request AV services at least 5 days before the date of your event. Failure to do so may result in limited to no assistance. Because of overtime restrictions, events that need AV after 7:00 p.m. must be approved by the office of Student Activities. We recommend using Belfer classrooms and Forchheimer lecture halls where the AV equipment is self-serviced at all times. Robbins and Riklis auditoriums can be used ONLY if approved by our office; an AV technician must be present until the end of the event.
- Catering: Catering for the event can be ordered from campus catering by emailing James Cohen at email@example.com (any events scheduled in Lubin Dining Hall or Faculty Dining Club are required to use campus catering) at least 5 days before your event. You also have the option of ordering food from any neighborhood grab and go. Student clubs and special interest groups are required to ask for RSVPs for all their events and ask students if they have any dietary needs, e.g., Kosher, Gluten free, vegetarian. If planners order from an outside vendor, they must pay for the meals out of pocket and be reimbursed from the appropriate club budget. Receipts for reimbursement can be submitted using this form.
Einstein is considered a “dry campus;” clubs and interest groups are not permitted to serve alcohol at their events. On occasion, with the approval of the Student Activities Office, alcohol may be served. If a request for alcohol is approved, planners will be required to review and sign the applicable alcohol policy form at least 2 weeks before the event.
Please note that serving alcohol to minors for approved events is a violation of Einstein’s Drug and Alcohol Policy, HR-POL-2017-005.
Step 4: Student Calendar
Next step is to post the event on the student activities calendar with 5 days’ advance notice before the event and wait for approval. If it is not posted on the student activities calendar, planners will not be reimbursed the event. Planners cannot host an event that overlaps with another student club event during the date and time.
Step 5: Flyer Policy
If you wish to have a flyer, use the following rules for creating and getting flyers approved:
Step 6: Guests
- All flyers must have appropriate logos on it (Both the Einstein logo and club or interest group logo).
- At the bottom of the flyer there must be a date that states when to remove post by.
- All flyers must have name and email address of the contact person for the event.
- All student club and interest group flyers have to be approved by our office before taking it to security. If proper approval is not obtained it will not go up.
- Please bring one copy of the flyer for approval before printing more copies.
Guests at events are allowed provided they are approved guests.
Step 7: Event Etiquette
Planners must clean up after the event and treat the campus space respectfully.
Step 8: Reimbursements
Before the first request for reimbursement, planners must submit a request for a Clincard. Once reimbursement has been approved, the amount will be loaded onto the Clincard. As a reminder receipts must be submitted to Student Governing Board for reimbursement no more than 30 days after the event. If spending exceeds the budget, the excess will not be reimbursed.
For questions, planners should contact Jessica Lucas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718.430.2101.