- HHLA2, a new immune checkpoint member of the B7 family, is widely expressed in human lung cancer and associated with EGFR mutational status
- Cheng H, Janakiram M, Borczuk A, Lin J, Qiu W, Liu H, Chinai JM, Halmos B, Perez-Soler R, Zang X.
Clinical Cancer Research, in press
- HHLA2, a member of the B7 family, is expressed in human osteosarcoma and is associated with metastases and worse survival
- Koirala P, Roth M, Gill J, Chinai J, Ewart M, Piperdi S, Geller D, Hoang B, Fatakhova K, Ghorpade M, Zang X*, Gorlick R*.
Scientific Reports, 6:31154. doi: 10.1038/srep31154, 2016
- Molecular pathways: Targeting B7-H3 (CD276) for human cancer immunotherapy
- Picarda E, Ohaegbulam KC, Zang X.
Clinical Cancer Research, 22:3425-3431, 2016
- Immune infiltration and PD-L1 expression in the tumor microenvironment are prognostic in osteosarcoma
- Koirala P, Roth M, Gill J, Piperdi S, Chinai J, Geller D, Hoang B, Park A, Fremed M, Zang X, Gorlick R.
Scientific Reports, 6:30093. doi: 10.1038/srep30093, 2016
- Immune checkpoint blockade in human cancer therapy: Lung cancer and hematopoietic malignancy
- Janakiram M, Pareek V, Cheng H, Narasimhulu D, Zang X.
Immunotherapy, 8:809-819, 2016
- Co-stimulate or co-inhibit regulatory T cells, which side to go?
- Liu W, Almo SC, Zang X.
Immunological Investigations, in press
- B7-H4(B7x)-mediated cross-talk between glioma-initiating cells and macrophages via the IL-6/JAK/STAT3 pathway lead to poor prognosis in glioma patients
- Yao Y, Ye H, Qi Z, Mo L, Yue Q, Baral A, Hoon DSB, Vera JC, Heiss JD, Chen CC, Hua W, Zhang J, Jin K, Wang Y, Zang X*, Mao Y*, Zhou L*
Clinical Cancer Research, 22:2778-2790, 2016
- Emerging targets in cancer immunotherapy: beyond CTLA-4 and PD-1
- Assal A, Kaner J, Pendurti G, Zang X.
Immunotherapy, 7:1169-1186, 2015
- New immunotherapies targeting the PD-1 pathway
- Chinai JM, Janakiram M, Chen F, Chen W, Kaplan M, Zang X.
Trends in Pharmacological Sciences, 36:587-595, 2015
- The T-cell inhibitory molecule Butyrophilin-like 2 is up-regulated in mild Plasmodium falciparum infection and is protective during experimental cerebral malaria
- Subramaniam KS, Spaulding E, Ivan E, Mutimura E, Kim R, Liu X, Dong C, Feintuch CM, Zang X, Anastos K, Lauvau G, Daily JP.
The Journal of Infectious Diseases, 212:1322–31, 2015
- HHLA2 and TMIGD2: New immunotherapeutic targets of the B7 and CD28 families
- Janakiram M, Chinai JM, Zhao A, Sparano JA, Zang X.
OncoImmunology, 4: e1026534-1 - e1026534-3, 2015
- Substituting threonine187 with alanine in p27Kip1 prevents pituitary tumorigenesis by two-hit loss of Rb1 and enhances humoral immunity in old age
- Zhao H, Bauzon F, Bi E, Yu JJ, Fu H, Lu Z, Cui J, Jeon H, Zang X, Ye BH, Zhu L.
Journal of Biological Chemistry, 290:5797-5809, 2015
- Human cancer immunotherapy with antibodies to the PD-1 and PD-L1 pathway
- Ohaegbulam KC, Assal A, Lazar-Molnar E, Yao Y, Zang X.
Trends in Molecular Medicine, 21:24-33, 2015
- B7x/B7-H4 modulates the adaptive immune response and ameliorates renal injury in antibody mediated nephritis
- Pawar RD, Goilav B, Xia Y, Herlitz L, Doerner J, Chalmers S, Ghosh K, Zang X, Putterman C.
Clinical & Experimental Immunology, 179:329-343, 2014
- Expression, clinical significance, and receptor identification of the newest B7 family member HHLA2 protein
- Janakiram M, Chinai JM, Fineberg S, Fiser A, Montagna C, Medaverepu R, Castano E, Jeon H, Ohaegbulam KC, Zhao R, Zhao A, Almo SC, Sparano JA, Zang X.
Clinical Cancer Research, 21:2359-2366, 2015
- Structure and cancer immunotherapy of the B7 family member B7x (B7-H4/B7S1)
- Jeon H, Vigdorovich V, Garrett-Thomson SC, Janakiram M, Ramagopal UA, Abadi YM, Lee JS, Scandiuzzi L, Ohaegbulam KC, Chinai JM, Zhao R, Yao Y, Mao Y, Sparano JA, Almo SC, Zang X.
Cell Reports, 9:1089-1098, 2014
* Science-Business eXchange
- Tissue-expressed B7-H1 (PD-L1) critically controls intestinal inflammation
- Scandiuzzi L, Ghosh K, Hofmeyer KA, Abadi YM, Lázár-Molnár E, Lin EY, Liu Q, Jeon H, Almo SC, Chen L, Nathenson SG, Zang X.
Cell Reports, 6:625-632, 2014
◆ Featured in PSI-SBKB Gateway
- The B7 and CD28 families (Book chapter)
- Zang X.
Encyclopedia of Medical Immunology, I.R.Mackay and N.R. Rose, ed. Springer, 174-181, 2014
- HHLA2 is a member of the B7 family and inhibits human CD4 and CD8 T cell function
- Zhao R, Chinai JM, Buhl S, Scandiuzzi L, Ray A, Jeon H, Ohaegbulam KC, Ghosh K, Zhao A, Scharff MD, Zang X.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 110:9879-9884, 2013
- Curcumin improves the therapeutic efficacy of Listeria-Mage-b vaccine in correlation with improved T cell responses in blood of a triple negative breast cancer model 4T1
- Singh M, Ramos L, Asafu-Adjei D, Quispe-Tintaya W, Chandra D, Jahangir A, Zang X, Aggarwal BB, Gravekamp C
Cancer Medicine, 2:571-582, 2013
- B7x(B7-H4/B7S1) and myeloid derived suppressor cells in the tumor microenvironment: A tale of two cities
- Jeon H, Ohaegbulam KC, Abadi YM, Zang X.
OncoImmunology, e24744-1-e24744-3, 2013
- Structure and T cell coinhibition properties of B7 family member B7-H3
- Vigdorovich V, Ramagopal U, Lazar-Molnar E, Sylvestre E, Lee JS, Hofmeyer KA, Zang X, Nathenson SG, Almo SC.
Structure, 21:707-717, 2013
- Host B7x promotes pulmonary metastasis of breast cancer
- Abadi YM, Jeon H, Ohaegbulam KC, Scandiuzzi L, Ghosh K, Hofmeyer KA, Lee JS, Ray A, Gravekamp C, Zang X.
The Journal of Immunology, 190:3806-3814, 2013
- T cell coinhibition and immunotherapy in human breast cancer
- Janakiram M, Abadi YM, Sparano JA, Zang X.
Discovery Medicine, 14:229-236, 2012
- B7x in the periphery abrogates pancreas specific damage mediated by self-reactive CD8 T cells
- Lee JS, Scandiuzzi L, Ray A, Wei J, Hofmeyer KA, Abadi MY, Loke P, Lin J, Yuan J, Serreze DV, Allison JP, Zang X.
The Journal of Immunology, 189:4165-4174, 2012
- Tissue-expressed B7x affects the immune response to and outcome of lethal pulmonary infection
- Hofmeyer KA, Scandiuzzi L, Ghosh K, Pirofski LA, Zang X.
The Journal of Immunology, 189:3054-3063, 2012
- T cell costimulation and coinhibition: Genetics and disease (Review)
- Scandiuzzi L, Ghosh K, Zang X.
Discovery Medicine, 12:119-128, 2011
- The PD-1/PD-L1 (B7-H1) pathway in chronic infection-induced cytotoxic T lymphocyte exhaustion (Review)
- Hofmeyer KA, Jeon H, Zang X.
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, 2011:451694, 2011
- Tissue specific expression of B7x protects from CD4 T cell mediated autoimmunity
- Wei J, Loke P, Zang X*, Allison JP*.
(* Co-corresponding authors)
Journal of Experimental Medicine, 208:1683-1694, 2011
- T cell coinhibition in prostate cancer: new immune evasion pathways and emerging therapeutics (Review)
- Barach YS, Lee JS, Zang X.
Trends in Molecular Medicine, 17:47-55, 2011
- Tumor associated endothelial expression of B7-H3 predicts survival in ovarian carcinomas
- Zang X, Sullivan PS, Soslow RA, Waitz R, Reuter VE, Wilton A, Thaler HT, Arul M, Slovin SF, Wei J, Spriggs DR, Dupont J, Allison JP.
Modern Pathology, 23:1104-1112, 2010
- Mouse Mast cell protease-4 deteriorates renal function by contributing to inflammation and fibrosis in immune complex-mediated glomerulonephritis.
- Scandiuzzi L, Beghdadi W, Daugas E, Abrink M, Tiwari N, Brochetta C, Claver J, Arouche N, Zang X, Pretolani M, Monteiro RC, Pejler G, Blank U.
The Journal of Immunology, 185:624-633, 2010
- The contrasting role of B7-H3 (Commentary)
- Hofmeyer KA, Ray A, Zang X.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 105: 10277-10278, 2008
- Serum soluble B7x is elevated in renal cell carcinoma patients and is associated with advanced stage
- Thompson RH*, Zang X*, Lohse CM, Leibovich BC, Slovin S, Reuter VE, Blute ML, Russo P, Kwon ED*, Allison JP*.
Cancer Research, 68: 6054-6058, 2008
- The B7 family and cancer therapy: Costimulation and coinhibition (Review)
- Zang X, Allison JP.
Clinical Cancer Research, 13: 5271-5279, 2007
- B7-H3 and B7x are highly expressed in human prostate cancer and associated with disease spread and poor outcome
- Zang X*, Thompson RH*, Al-Ahamadie A, Serio AM, Reuter VE, Eastham JA, Scardino PT, Sharma P, Allison JP.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 104: 19458-19463, 2007
- T cell immunoglobulin mucin-3 crystal structure reveals a galectin-9-independent ligand-binding surface
- Cao E*, Zang X*, Ramagopal UA*, Mukhopadhaya A, Fedorov A, Fedorov E, Zencheck WD, Lary JW, Cole JL, Deng H, Xiao H, DiLorenzo TP, Allison JP, Nathenson SG, Almo SC.
Immunity, 26: 311-321, 2007
- Alternative activation is an innate response to injury that requires CD4+ T cells to be sustained during chronic Infection
- Loke P, Gallagher I, Nair MG, Zang X, Brombacher F, Mohrs M, Allison JP, Allen JE.
Journal of Immunology, 179: 3926-3936, 2007
- To be or not to be B7 (Commentary)
- Zang X, Allison JP.
Journal of Clinical Investigation, 116: 2590-2593, 2006
- A genetic library screen for signaling proteins that interact with phosphorylated T cell costimulatory receptors
- Zang X, Loke P, Kim J, Wojnoonski K, Kusdra L, Allison JP.
Genomics, 88: 841-845, 2006
- Inducible costimulator is required for type 2 antibody isotype switching but not T helper cell type 2 responses in chronic nematode infection
- Loke P, Zang X, Hsuan L, Waitz R, Locksley RM, Allen IE, Allison JP.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 102: 9872-9877, 2005
- BTLA is a lymphocyte inhibitory receptor with similarities to CTLA-4 and PD-1
- Watanabe N, Gavrieli M, Sedy JR, Yang J, Fallarino F, Loftin SK, Hurchla MA, Zimmerman N, Sim J, Zang X, Murphy TL, Russell JH, Allison JP, Murphy KM.
Nature Immunology, 4:670-679, 2003
- B7x: A widely expressed B7 family member that inhibits T cell activation
- Zang X, Loke P, Kim J, Murphy K, Waitz R, Allison JP.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 100: 10388-10392, 2003
- Cloning and characterisation of mmc-1, a microfilarial-specific gene, from Brugia pahangi
- Emes R, Thompson F, Moore J, Zang X, Devaney E.
International Journal for Parasitology, 32:415-424, 2002
- Homologues of human macrophage migration inhibitory factor from a parasitic nematode: Gene cloning, protein activity, and crystal structure
- Zang X, Taylor P, Wang JM, Meyer DJ, Scott AL, Walkinshaw MD, Maizels RM.
Journal of Biological Chemistry, 277:44261-44267, 2002
- A Brugia malayi homolog of macrophage migration inhibitory factor reveals an important link between macrophages and eosinophil recruitment during nematode infection
- Falcone FH, Loke P, Zang X, MacDonald AS, Maizels RM, Allen JE.
Journal of Immunology, 167: 5348-5354, 2001
- Immune evasion genes from filarial nematodes (Review)
- Maizels RM, Gomez-Escobar N, Gregory WF, Murray J, Zang X.
International Journal for Parasitology, 31:889-898, 2001
- Serine proteinase inhibitors from nematodes and the arms race between host and pathogen (Review)
- Zang X, Maizels RM.
Trends in Biochemical Sciences, 26:191-197, 2001
- The serpin secreted by Brugia malayi microfilariae, Bm-SPN-2, elicits strong but short-lived immune responses in mice and humans
- Zang X, Atmadia KA, Gray P, Allen JE, Gray CA, Lawrence RA, Yazdanbakhsh M, Maizels RM.
Journal of Immunology, 165:5161-5169, 2000
- Vaccination against helminth parasites: the ultimate challenge for vaccinologists? (Review)
- Maizels RM, Holland M, Falcone F, Zang X, Yazdanbakhsh M.
Immunological Reviews, 171:125-147, 1999
- A novel serpin expressed by blood-borne microfilariae of the parasitic nematode Brugia malayi inhibits human neutrophil serine proteinases
- Zang X, Yazdanbakhsh M, Jiang HB, Kanost MR, Maizels RM.
Blood, 94:1418-1428, 1999