- All users must be trained by AIF staff. Nobody may use any equipment unassisted without first being checked out by a member of the Facility staff.
- You must have a reservation to log on to any piece of equipment.
- Sign up times are strict. If another user is scheduled after your appointment, you are expected to vacate the equipment promptly at the end of your scheduled time.
- You may cancel a reservation up to 4 hours in advance using ILab.
- To cancel an appointment after the 4 hour deadline call the AIF staff x3547.
- Appointments more than 30 minutes late without notifying the AIF staff or leaving a written note in the log book will be considered a no-show and that appointment may be forfeited to the first interested user.
- No-shows will be billed for full scheduled appointment time.
- Users may be billed from the sign-up time (so you are billed for the time you are late) but users are not billed for the entire reservation if they complete their appointment early.
- No user may book more than 3 hours in any one day (9:00 AM to 6:00 PM) without first obtaining permission from AIF staff. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis upon email request to Frank Macaluso, Vera DesMarais and Peng Guo.
- There will be no restrictions on equipment sign-up after hours and weekends.
- Users may not change default settings on any machine. Each imaging session begins and ends with the microscope in the “standard configuration”.
- Users must follow the appropriate Hazardous material and waste policy.
- Please notify a staff member if there is anything wrong with a piece of equipment.
- All publications that include data generated in the AIF, must acknowledge the Analytical Imaging Facility of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Policies on storing data on Facility computers:
- No data may be stored on Facility hard drives for longer than the time signed up for equipment use. Typically, user files are deleted after 30 days.
- All data must be saved in the designated User Files directory.
- At the end of your session, you must remove your data. Therefore, budget your time accordingly.
- We are preparing to launch an automated data transfer system. Updates will be posted soon.
Feel free to email Frank Macaluso if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.