The Core breeds unique animals of interest, reproduces animal models, provides training in procedures, and consultation in experimental design. Animal use requires ACUC approval.
• Animals bred by the Core:
- Inbred Gunn rats (model for Crigler-Najjar syndrome) and congeneic Wistar-RHA rats
- Inbred Long-Evans Cinnamon (LEC) rats (model for Wilson disease) and healthy LEA rats
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV mutant (DPPIV) F344 rats and DPPIV-/- knockout mice
- Hemophilia A knockout mice
• Induced animal models:
- Liver injury with D-GalN, CCl4, allyl alcohol, thiacetamide, azopxymethane, concavalin A, etc.
- Induction of cirrhosis in rats with chronic CCl4 administration, bile duct ligation
• Animal procedures:View All Services
Sanjeev Gupta, M.D.
David Neufeld, Ph.D.
Sriram Bandi, Ph.D.