• INFECTION BY AERGENIC CHALLENGE:Delivery of microbes directly into the lungs using the "Wisconsin" chamber or the “nose-only” In-Tox aerosolization apparatus
• PROVISION OF SPECIALTY ANIMAL STRAINS
• ANIMAL PROCEDURES:Post-mortem dissection for the procurement of organs, tissue preparation, blood drawing, delivery in vivo of pharmacological or biological agents
• EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN AND TRAINING:Assist in experimental design for studies involving in vivo animal modeling, and train and help researchers in carrying out animal procedures
• BIOHAZARD BARRIER HOUSING:Provide husbandry for mice infected with HIV and various AIDS-related pathogens
John Chan, M.D.
Lawrence Herbst, D.V.M., Ph.D.