CRISPR/Cas9 services (NEW)
We generate custom stable knockout cell lines using CRISPR/Cas9.
RNAi and ORF Reagents
We supply shRNAs and ORFs from our libraries in these formats:
- Lentivirus, either as viral supernatant (200 µl >106 TU/ml) or concentrated viral stock (50 µl at >108 TU/ml)
- Plasmid DNA
- Bacterial glycerol stocks
- Stable shRNA- or ORF-expressing cell lines
Note: The shRNA Core Facility does not supply packaging plasmids or cells for generation of lentivirus. Upon request, we can provide you with information on sources for these materials.
We perform gene modulation screens in two formats:
- Custom arrayed screens. The readout can be plate-reader-based or image-based.
- Pooled screens. The pooled format is appropriate for enrichment or dropout screens where a selection for the desired phenotype can be applied. Hits are identified by next-generation sequencing.
Screens can be performed with three different gene modulation approaches:
- Knockdown screens (shRNA)
- Knockout screens (CRISPR)
- Overexpression screens (ORF)
We have equipment available for assays:
- Operetta High-Content Instrument: for image-based readouts in 96-well, 384-well, and other formats. Analysis software permits quantitation of a wide variety of cell parameters.
- EnVision Multiplate Reader: for fluorescence, luminescence, absorbance, and other 96- or 384-well based plate reader assays.
Assessment of knockdown or overexpression
We provide assessment of gene up- or down-modulation at the mRNA level using the branched DNA assay.
We are available to consult on gene modulation experiments and offer our expertise on experimental design and data analysis.
Note: Restrictions may apply for external researchers (those not at Einstein, Montefiore, or Yeshiva Univesity). Please contact us for detais.