Welcome to the Chemical Synthesis Core webpage. Dr. John Blanchard is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry at Albert Einstein and serves the facility as scientific director. Dr. Lars Nordstrom and Dr. Felix Kopp are experienced organic chemists with many years of expertise in the synthesis of organic small molecules, molecule libraries, and natural products.
The facility is equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentations to perform demanding chemical reactions (Schlenk technique, low temperature, photochemical, chiral synthesis, organometallics, carbohydrates, peptides, pressure reactions, isotopic labeling, etc.). We offer services related to chemical synthesis and it is our goal to custom tailor solutions for each client. No matter if it is the simple synthesis of a reference compound or collaboration throughout an entire project – from the grant application to the published work – we will address your needs on an individual level. If there is a chemistry-related service that you do not find in our portfolio – please don't hesitate to give us a call. We are always curious about new ideas and directions.
- Custom chemical synthesis
Synthesis consulting & project planning
- Multi-step synthesis of single compounds
- Library and analogue synthesis
- Scale-up and batch synthesis
- Development of synthetic strategies in close collaboration with the client
- Support in drafting chemistry sections for grant applications
- LC (silica, alumina, reversed phase, ion exchange etc.)
- HPLC (reversed phase, chiral columns etc.)
- Vacuum distillation, recrystallization etc.
Data evaluation, editing and publishing support
- NMR (1-D, 2-D; 1H, 13C, 19F etc.) (at the Structural NMR Resource Facility)
- Infra-red spectroscopy
- Mass spectrometry
- Detailed evaluation of experimental and analytical data
- Preparation of synthetic sections and supporting material for publications
- Support on all chemistry related issues in the process of IP protection
John S. Blanchard, Ph.D., Director
Lars Nordstroem, Ph.D., Associate
Felix Kopp, Ph.D., Associate