The overall facility operations of comparative pathology and histotechnology are administered by Dr. Barbara Cannella. Pathology consultation and evaluation performed by Dr. Rani Sellers.
This institutional core facility provides a full range of services for two divisions:
Comparative Pathology: Most analyses are conducted on models using genetically manipulated mice. We are also experienced in other species such as rats, rabbits, prosimians, fish and primates.
Histology: Full service from fixation to staining.
- Complete services for routine tissue processing, embedding and sectioning.
- H&E staining and a variety of special stains.
- Consultation and advice for all histology and pathology enquiries.
- Interpretation of final sections after all types of staining
- Pathology evaluation including animal dissection and tissue histology
- Complete pathology based on phenotype analysis of genetically manipulated mice
- Mouse embryology
- Expertise in immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence.
- Microtome and cryostat and other equipment for rental.
- NOW OFFERING TISSUE MICROARRAYS!
Our tissue processing and all histology procedures are designed to:
- Optimize tissue fixation
- Optimize preservation of antigens and cellular detail
- Orient tissue for sectioning to achieve structure for analysis