Sangita K. Jindal, Ph.D.
Dr. Sangita Jindal is an Associate Professor in the Department of Ob/Gyn and Women’s Health, and Laboratory Director of Montefiore’s Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Health. Dr. Jindal received her Ph.D in reproductive physiology at the University of Toronto. In addition to her clinical expertise in all aspects of in vitro fertilization, andrology and infertility-related chemistry, Dr. Jindal supervises translational research on alterations in gene expression associated with ovarian aging in women. Dr. Jindal is active on several national committees within The American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), and most recently, she served as national president for the Society for Reproductive Biologists and Technologists (SRBT), the affiliate society within ASRM representing all scientists and laboratorians in reproductive biology.
- Pal L, Jindal S, Witt BR, Santoro N. Less is more: Increased gonadotropin use for ovarian stimulation adversely influences clinical pregnancy and live birth after in vitro fertilization. Fertility and Sterility. 2008 89:1694-1701.
- Traub ML, Van Arsdale A, Pal L, Jindal S, Santoro N. Endometrial thickness, Caucasian race, and age predict clinical pregnancy following fresh blastocyst embryo transfer. Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology 2009 7:33-39.
- Greenseid K, Jindal S, Zapantis A, Nihsen M, Hurwitz J, Pal L. Declining ovarian reserve adversely influences granulosa cell viability. Fertility and Sterility 2009 91:2611-2615
- Ozkan S, Jindal S, Weingast K, Shu J, Zeitlian G, Hickmon C, Pal L. Replete vitamin D stores predict reproductive success following IVF. Fertility and Sterility 2010 94:1314-9.
- Hurwitz JH, Jindal S, Greenseid K, Berger D, Brooks A, Santoro N, Pal L. Reproductive Aging is Associated with Altered Gene Expression in Human Luteinized Granulosa Cells. Reproductive Sciences 2010 17:56-67.
- Keltz J, Zapantis A, Jindal S, Lieman H, Santoro N, Polotsky AJ. Overweight men: Clinical pregnancy after ART is decreased in IVF but not ICSI cycles. J Assist Reprod Genetics 2010 27:539-44.
- Chuang M, Zapantis Z, Taylor M, Jindal S, Neal-Perry G, Lieman H, Polotsky A. Gonadotropin stimulation of 13 days or longer is associated with decreased ART success. J Assist Reprod Genetics 2010 27:711-717.
- Merhi ZO, Jindal S, Pollack SE, Lieman HJ. Pregnancy following bariatric surgery. Expert Review of Obstetrics & Gynecology 2011 1:57-67.
- Relwani R, Berger D, Santoro N, Hickmon C, Nihsen M, Zapantis A, Werner M, Polotsky AJ, Jindal S. Semen parameters are unrelated to BMI but vary with SSRI use and prior urological surgery. Reproductive Sciences 2011 18:391-397.
- Altun T, Jindal S, Greenseid K, Shu J, Pal L. Low follicular fluid IL-6 levels are predictive of clinical pregnancy in IVF cycles. J Assist Reprod Genetics 2011 28:245-51.
- Greenseid K, Jindal S, Hurwitz J, Santoro N, Pal, L. Differential granulosa cell gene expression in young women with diminished ovarian reserve. Reproductive Sciences 2011 18:892-899.
- Buyuk E, Charron M, Santoro N, Cohen HW, Jindal S. Reduced neurotrophin receptor TrkA expression in human granulosa cells: a novel marker of diminishing ovarian reserve. Fertility and Sterility 2011 96:474-478.
- Nejat EJ, Jindal S, Berger D, Buyuk E, Lalioti M, Pal, L. Implications of blood type for ovarian reserve. Human Reproduction 2011 26:2513-2517.
- Dicken CL, Zapantis A, Illions E, Pollack S, Lieman HJ, Bevilacqua K, Jindal SK. Full sibling embryos created by anonymous gamete donation in unrelated recipients. Fertility and Sterility 2011 96:641-642.
- McAvey B, Zapantis A, Jindal SK, Lieman H and Polotsky A. How many eggs are needed to producean ARTbaby: is more always better? Fertility and Sterility 2011 96:332-335.
- Jindal S, Greenseid K, Berger D, Santoro N, Pal L. Impaired Gremlin 1 (GREM1) expression in cumulus cells may underlie reproductive dysfunction in young women with diminished ovarian reserve (DOR). J of Assist Reprod Genetics 2012 29:159-162.
- Asemota OA, Jindal SK. Treatment options for women with diminished ovarian reserve – A review. US Obstetrics & Gynecology 2012 7:28–31.
- Merhi Z, Buyuk E, Berger D, Zapantis A, Israel DD, Chua Jr. S, Jindal S. Leptin suppresses anti-mullerian hormone gene expression in human luteinized granulosa cells through JAK2/STAT3 pathway. Human Reproduction 2013 28:1661-9.
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.