Harris M. Nagler, M.D.
Harris M. Nagler, M.D., FACS, is currently Chairman of the Department of Urology of the Beth Israel Medical Center and Professor of Urology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University. Dr Nagler is also the Chief of Graduate Medical Education/Academic Affairs at the Beth Israel Medical Center and the Program Director of the fully accredited urology residency-training program at Beth Israel. Dr Nagler’s practice focuses on male infertility, impotence and general urology.
He is the recipient of many national and regional honors. He has been recognized in New York Magazine as one of the Best New York Doctors in 1992, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000 -2006 (each year that the listed has been published). His has been listed in the Best Doctors in the United States in 2000 and 2001. In 1994, he was honored by Resolve of New York’s twentieth Year Celebration.
He has received the recognition of his peers for his original research. In,1982 he was awarded the ACMI Urology Prize by the American Fertility Society. In the same year he received First Prize for Clinical Research in the American Urological Association Prize Essay Contest. In 1985, he was again recognized by the American Fertility Society (currently the American Society for Reproductive Medicine) when he was awarded the Urology Prize. In 1986, Columbia University honored him when he received the prestigious Drs. Harold and Goldman Lampert Award for Excellence in Clinical Research.
Dr Nagler is a member or many prestigious organizations including the Alpha Omega Alpha medical Honor Society. In addition to membership in these societies he was the President of the Society for the Study of Male Reproduction of the American Urological Association and President of the Society of Reproductive Surgeons of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine.
He is or has been the editorial boards of the Journal of Urology, Fertility and Sterility, Assisted Reproductive Reviews, Journal of Andrology, Molecular Andrology, Gynecologic and Obstetric Investigation and the Brazilian Journal of Urology. He has published extensively in peer reviewed journals on many Urological topics and has co-edited two books focusing on the treatment of make infertility.
He has directed an annual instructional course on the Treatment of Male Infertility at the Annual Meeting of the American Urological Association. He has also directed or been a faculty member of AUA sponsored microsurgical instructional courses in numerous occasions.
He is on the Board of many organizations including the Society for the Study of Male Reproduction and the New York Section of the American Urological Association.
1. Nagler, HM and Hensle, TW: The Furlow Cylinder Passer for Orchiopexies. Urology 17:277, 1981.
2. Nagler, HM, Katz, G., deVere White, R: The Role of Frenular Brachial Index in the Assessment of Penile Vasculature. J. Neuro-Urology & Urodynamics. 11:71-75, 1982.
3. deVere White, R., Nagler, HM: Endocrinologic Causes of Male Infertility. In: International Aspects of Male infertility (Ed.) Williams & Wilkins Co., Philadelphia. pp. 174-179, 1982.
4. Nagler, HM, and deVere White, R: Long-Term Effects of Testicular Torsion on the Reproductive Capacity in the Adult Male Rat. Surgical Forum Volume XXXIII, American College of Surgeons, 1982.
5. Nagler, HM, White, R.D: The Effect of Testicular Torsion on the Contralateral Testis. J. Urol. 128 (6):1343-8, December 1982.
6. Hensle, TW, Nagler, HM and Goldstein, HR: Long Term Functional Results of Urinary Tract Reconstruction in Childhood. J. Urol. 128 :1262-9, 1982.
7. Nagler, HM and Blaivas, JG: Castration and Sexual Dysfunction. Human Sexuality, Vol. 17, No. 3, 1983.
8. Nagler, HM and Lipshultz, LI: The Varicocele: In: Current Therapy in Endocrinology. p. 363, 1983-1984. BC Decker, Inc.
9. Goldberg, SD, Deitch, AD, Schevchuck, M., Nagler, HM and deVere White, R: Comparison of Histologic and Flow Cystometric Evaluation of Cysclophosphyamide-Induced Testicular Damage. Urology 24(5):472-5, December 1984.
10. Nagler, HM, deVere White, RW, Dyrenfurth, I and Hembree, WC: The effect of Delta 1-Testolactone on Serum Testosterone and Estradiol in the Adult Male Rat. Fertility & Sterility. 40(6):810-22, December 1983.
11. Nagler, HM and Olsson, CA: Drug Related Impotence. In: Male Sexual Dysfunction. pp. 113-123, R.J. Krane and M.B. Siroky (Eds.) Little, Brown and Company, Boston.
12. Lipshultz, LJ and Nagler, HM: The Varicocele. In: Current Therapy of Infertility. RD Amelar, L. Dubin (Eds.) Little, Brown and Company, Boston, 1983.
13. deVere White, R, and Nagler, HM: Priapism, In: Male Sexual Dysfunction. pp. 101-111, R.J. Krane and M.B. Siroky (Eds.) Little, Brown and Company, Boston, 1983.
14. Nagler, HM and Hembree, WC: Testosterone Rebound Reappraised. In preparation.
15. Nagler, HM: Uremia: A Way Out, Archives of the Foundation of Thanatology, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 30-31, October 1983.
16. Nagler, HM, deVere White, R, and Roberts, M: Familial Idiopathic Priapism: A Case Report. J. Urol.131 (3):542-3, March 1984.
17. Nagler, HM, Deitch, AD and deVere White, R: Testicular Torsion: Temporal Considerations. Fertility and Sterility. 42(2):257-62, August 1984.
18. Nagler, HM and deVere White: A Clinical Approach to Testicular Torsion. In: Kaufman, JJ (Ed.) Current Urologic Therapy., 2nd Edition, pp. 423-425, 1986.
19. Nagler, HM, deVere White, R and Blaivas, JG: Impotence The Diagnosis and Treatment. In: M. Farber, (Ed.) Psychosexual Medicine. MacMillan. Chapter 20, pp. 240-261.
20. Nagler, HM: Vasoureterostomy: A New Approach to Obstructive Azoospermia. Surgical Forum, XXV, pp. 622-624.
21. Nagler, HM and Blaivas, JG: The Treatment of Impotence. In: Butterworths International Medical Review. Urology: Andrology. Pryor, John, J and Lipshultz, Larry I (Eds.)
22. Nagler, HM and Olsson, CA: Disorders Common to Men. In: The Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons Complete Home Medical Guide. D. Tapley, T.A. Morris, and R. Weiss, (Ed.) Part 5: No. 38, pp. 756-766, 1986.
23. Nagler, HM, Kogan, S, and Consentino, MJ: Experimental Aspects of Testicular Torsion. In: Dialogues in Pediatric Urology, R. Rabinowitz (Ed.), 8:1-8 1985, W.J. Miller Assoc., Inc.
24. Nagler, HM: Unilateral Testicular Damage with Bilateral Testicular Effects: Experimental Aspects. AUA Update Series Lesson 9, Vol. V, 1986.
25. Nagler, HM Li, X-Z., Lizza, EF, Deitch, A, deVere White, R: Varicocele: Temporal Considerations. J. Urol. 134 (2):411-3, August 1985.
26. Markowitz, DM, Wong, KL, Laffey, KJ, Bixon, R., Nagler, HM, and Martin, E: Maintaining Quality of Life After Palliative Diversion for Malignant Ureteral Obstruction, Urologic Radiology, 11 (3):129-32, 1989.
27. Lizza, EF, Marmar, JL, Schmidt, SS, LaNasa, JA, Shalip, ID, Thomas, AJ and Belker AM, Nagler, HM: Transseptal Crossed Vasovasostomy. J. Urol., 134 (6):1113-22, December 1985.
28. Nuovo, GJ, Nagler, HM and Fenoglio, JJ: Arteriovenous Malformation of the Bladder Presenting as Gross Hematuria. J of Human Pathology, 17(1):94-7, January 1986.
29. Szylit, JA, Grossman, ME, Luyando,Y. Olarte, M.R., and Nagler, HM: Beckers Nevus and an Accessory Scrotum: A Unique Occurrence. J. of American Academy of Dermatology, 14 (5pt2):905-7. May 1986.
30. Sawczuk, I and Nagler, HM: Technique for Quick Advancement of Rubber Nipple over a Ureteral Catheter. Urology 27 (3):275, March 1986.
31. Nagler, HM: A Clinical Approach to Testicular Torsion. In: Current Therapy of Infertility, pp. 235-36. 1984-1985. Eds. C-R Garcia, Philadelphia, BC Decker, Inc.
32. Nagler, HM: House, S.D., Tomashefsky, P. Lipowsky, HH, Lizza, EF: Testicular Hemodynamic Changes after the Surgical Creation of a Varicocele in the Rat: Intra Vital Microscopic Observations. J of Andrology 8 (5): 292-8, September-October 1987.
33. Kaufman, DG, Shulman, LM and Nagler, HM: Cystic Fibrosis Presenting in a 45 Year Old with Infertility. J. Urol. 136 (5):1081-2, November 1986.
34. Nagler, HM and Lizza, EF: Microsurgical Techniques in Urology. In: New Technologies in Urology. pp. 375-395. Ed. R deVere White and JM Palmer, Futura Publishing, New York, 1987.
35. Nagler, HM: Varicoceles in Adults. In: Current Therapy in Genitourinary Surgery, Eds. Martin I. Resnick and Elroy D. Kursh. BC Decker, pp. 310-313, 1987.
36. Goldberg, S., Deitch, A., Nagler, HM, and deVere White, R: Comparison of Histologic and Flow Cytometric Evaluation of Cyclophosphamide-Induced Testicular Damage. Urology 5:472, 1984. Same as #9
37. Nagler, HM and Thomas, A.: Testicular Biopsy and Vasography in the Evaluation of Male Infertility. Urologic Clinics of North America. 14 (1):167-76, February 1987.
38. Nagler, HM and Kaufman, DG: The Varicocele: Concepts of Pathophysiology Present and Future. World J. of Urology 4:183, 1986.
39. Kaufman, DG and Nagler, HM: Specific Nonsurgical Therapy in Male Infertility. Urologic Clinics of North America, Eds. Stuart S. Howards and Larry I. Lipshultz. 14(3):489, August 1987.
40. Nagler, HM and Kaufman, DG: Further Studies in Physiology and Significance of the Varicocele. Problems in Urology on Sexual Dysfunction, (Eds.) David Paulson and Ralph deVere White. 1: 411, 1987.
41. Hembree, WC, Nagler, HM, Fang, JS, Myles, L. and Jagiello, G.M: Infertility in a Patient with Abnormal Spermatogenesis and in Utero DES Exposure. Int. J. Fertility: 33(3):173-7, May-June 1988.
42. Nagler, HM, Zippe, CD: Prostatitis and Infertility: Organisms and Mechanisms. Ed. David Paulson, Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia, pp. 155-169 1989.
43. Kaufman, DG, and Nagler, HM: Aspiration Flow Cytometry of the Testes in the Evaluation of Spermatogenesis in the Infertile Male. Fertility & Sterility 48: 287, 1987.
44. Zippe, CD, Tomashefsky, P., Nagler, HM: Altered Testicular Microvascular Bed Function in the Experimental Varicocele. Surgical Forum 38: 645, 1987.
45. Nagler, HM: Testicular Torsion. Current Therapy. In: Infertility - 3, Eds. Celso-Ramon Garcia, Luis Mastroianni, Richard Amelar and Lawrence Dubin, 1988; 251-4.
46. Nagler, HM: Evaluation of the Infertile Male. Roche: AUA Consultant Audio Tapes.
47. Nagler, HM, Kaufman, DG, O'Toole, KM, Sawczuk, IS: Carcinoma in-situ of testis: Diagnosis by Aspiration Flow Cytometry. J. Urology: 143 (2):359-61, February 1990.
48. Nagler, HM, Grossman, M, Levin, R., Buttyan R: Testosterone Receptors in Scrotal Duplication and Becker's Nevus.
49 Nagler, HM: The Adult Varicocele in Current Problems in Infertility and Impotence, Ed., Jacob Rajfer. pp. 60-65, Year Book Medical Publishers, Inc. Chicago, 1990.
50. Peng, BC, Tomashefsky, P and Nagler, HM: The Co-Factor Effect: Varicocele and Infertility. Fertility and Sterility. 54 (1):143-8, 1990 July.
51. Nagler, HM, Zippe, CD: The Varicocele. Current Concepts and Treatment. Infertile Male. Eds. Larry I. Lipshultz and Stuart S. Howards. Infertility in the Male. 2nd Edition, pp. W.B. Saunders, 313-336, 1991.
52. Slawin, K., Nagler, HM: Treatment of Congenital Penile Curvature and Torsion: A New Twist. J Urology, 147 (1)152-4, January 1992.
53. Nagler, HM and Olsson, CA: Disorders Common to Men. In: The Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons Complete Home Medical Guide. Eds. Donald F. Tapley, Robert J. Weiss and Thomas Q. Morris, Crown Publishers. pp. 756-766. 1985.
54. Nagler, HM and Kaufman, DG: Vasectomy Reversals. Contemporary Urology. pp. 43-48, 1990 June
55. Nagler, HM: Pediatric Varicocele. In: Dialogues in Pediatric Urology. William J. Associates, Publisher. Ed. Evan Kass. 13 (4) April 1990.
56. Nagler, HM and Whitehead, ED: Treatment Advances for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. Medical Aspects of Human Sexuality, pp. 20-26. December 1990.
57. Nagler, HM and Khan, Z: Urinary Incontinence in Woman. Collected Letters, Correspondence Society of Surgeons: Vol. 13, 1:8, 1990.
58. Gangi, GR, Nagler, HM: Clinical Evaluation of the Subfertile Male, Infertility & Reproductive Medicine Clinics of North America, Male Infertility, W.B. Saunders Company, , pp. 299-318 April 1992.
59. Fischman, M, Nagler, HM: New Options in Vasectomy. Medical Aspects of Human Sexuality, Cahners Publishing Co., pp. 33-38, November 1991.
60. Nagler, HM and Litvin, YS: Infertility and Genitourinary Infections. Infections in Urology, SCP Vol. 5 No. 4 pp. 104-107, July/August 1992.
61. Kasabian, N, Mitchnick, E, Nagler, HM: Collected Letters in Surgery - Question 453. Correspondence Society of Surgeons. Vol. 14, No. 11, November 1991.
62. Nagler, HM, Whitehead, ED: Surgery for Male Infertility & Fertility, Overview: The Varicocele, Current Operative Urology 1992, Ed., J.B. Lippincott company, Part 8, pp. 298-299, 1992.
63. Nagler, HM, Whitehead, ED (Editors): Management of Impotence and Infertility. J.B. Lippincott Company. pp 219-227 and 281-285, 1994.
64. Mitchnick, EI, Nagler, HM: Ejaculatory Duct Obstruction: A Cause of Sexual and Reproductive Dysfunction. Submitted for publication.
65. Nagler, HM, Krause, I: Persistent Groin Pain of Sudden Onset One Year After Ipsilateral Repair of Inguinal Hernia. Response. Collected Letters, Correspondence Society of Surgeons: 15 (3) 1992.
66. Nagler, HM: The Assessment, Preparation and Utilization of Sperm. RESOLVE National Newsletter, Vol. XVII, No. 1, 1992.
67. Krause, I, Mitchnick, E, Salant, RL, Nagler, HM: Unusual Ureteral Obstruction. Infections in Urology, SCP Communications, Inc. September/October 1993.
68. Biase, JN, Nagler, HM: The Varicocele: Current Concepts and Controversy, CURRENT OPINION IN UROLOGY, Current Science Ltd., Vol. 2, Pp. 463-466, December 1992.
69. Nagler, HM: Things Going Along Swimmingly at Fertility Labs, THE MEDICAL HERALD, The Medical Herald Publishing co., Inc., Vol. 3, No. 1, p. 11. February 1993.
70. Garrisi, GJ Chin, AJ Dolan, PM Nagler, HM Vasquez-Levin, M Navot, D Gordon, JW Analysis of Factors Contributing to Success in a Program of Micromanipulation-Assisted Fertilization, Fertility and Sterility, Official Journal of The American Fertility Society, 59 (2):366-74, February 1993.
71. Nagler, HM: A Clinical Approach to Testicular Torsion: Current Urologic Therapy #3, Seidman, E.J., Hanno, P.M., Editors. W.B. Saunders, Pub. pp. 480-2.
72. Nagler, HM: Aging and Male Reproduction. RESOLVE NYC National Newsletter, April 1993.
73. Sawczuk, IS, Hensle, TW, Burbige, KA Nagler, HM: Varicoceles: Effect on Testicular Volume in Prepubertal and Pubertal Males, Urology, Cahners Healthcare Pub., 41 (5):466-8, May 1993.
74. Nagler, HM, Rosen, E: ASSISTED REPRODUCTION REVIEWS: "Treatment Options for Patients with Congenital Vasal Agenesis: Spermatocele to Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (MESA)". Williams & Wilkins Publ., 3 ( 4):255-60. November 1993.
75. Nagler, HM: Urogynecology, MANUAL OF PRACTICAL GYNECOLOGY, Appleton & Lange, Pub., Dr. Allan Jacobs and Dr. Michael Gast, Ed. pp. 235-237, 1994.
76. Sokol, RZ, Okuda, H, Nagler, HM, Berman, N: TOXICOLOGY & APPLIED PHARMACOLOGY: Lead Exposure in Vivo Alters the Fertility Potential of Sperm In Vitro. Academic Press, Inc., 124 (2):310-16, February 1994.
77. Nagler, HM, Shtainer, A: INFERTILITY: EVALUATION & TREATMENT: Surgical Treatment of Male Infertility. W.B. Saunders Co., Pub., Drs. Keye, Chang, Rebar & Soules, Editors. 1995.
78. Schlesinger, MH, Wilets, Ilene F, Nagler, HM: Treatment Outcome After Varicocelectomy: A Critical Analysis, W.B. Saunders, Pub., Larry I. Lipshultz, Editor UROLOGIC CLINICS OF NORTH AMERICA, 21(3):517-29, August 1994.
79. Vazquez-Levin, MH, Dressler, KP, Nagler, HM: Urine Contamination of Seminal Fluid After Transurthral Resection of the Ejaculatory Ducts. J of Urology, 152 (6 Pt1):2049-52, December 1994.
80. AM Belker, RD Oates, M Goldstein, PN Schlegel, JL Marmar, CM Rothman, RD McClure, LI Lipshultz, HM Nagler, JA LaNasa, Jr., DA Ohl, J Raijfer, LS Ross, J Donovan, DF Fuchs, ID Sharlip, AJ Thomas, Jr., EF Lizza, JP Buch, RE Berger, BC Mellinger, W, JG Hellstrom: Results in the United States with Sperm Microaspiration Retrieval Techniques and Assisted Reproductive Technologies. J of Urology, 151, 1255-59, May 1994.
81. Nagler, HM: Evaluating Azoospermia Needs Methodical Approach. Urology Times, September 1994.
82. Nagler, HM: Infertility. AUA TODAY, 7 (12) 9 and 15, December 1994.
83. Katz, D, Mieza, M, Nagler, HM: Ultrasound Guided Transrectal Seminal Vesiculography; A New Approach to the Diagnosis of Male Reproductive Tract Abnormalities. J of Urol, Vol. 151, No. 5, May 1994.
84. Vazquez-Levin, MH, Kupchik, GS, Torres, Y, Chaparro, CA, Shtainer, A, Bonforte, RJ, Nagler, HM: Cystic Fibrosis and Congenital Agenesis of the Vas Deferens, Antisperm Antibodies and CF-Genotype. J of Repro Immunology, 27(3):199-212, December 1994.
85. Kasabian, NG, Krause, I, Brown, WE, Khan, Z., Nagler, HM Fate of the Upper Urinary Tract in Multiple Sclerosis. Neurourology and Urodynamics, Wiley-Liss, Publisher, 14(1):81-85, 1995.
86. Nagler, HM, Howards, SS, Lipshultz, LI, Lorish, I. Resident Training Survey in Infertility.
J of Urology, 154 (3):1140-2, September 1995.
87. Urologists' Opportunity in Treating Infertility is Great, But Their Response is Lacking, HM Nagler, AUA Today, 8 (4) April 1995.
88. Grantmyre, JE, Thomas, AJ, Falk, RM, Wazzan, W, Houlihan, D, Coburn, M, Lipshultz, L, Belker, A, Nagler, HM. Development of a New Alloplastic Spermatocele Demonstrating Successful Sperm Retrieval in an Animal Model. Fertility and Sterility, 64 (1):179-84, July 1995.
89. Popowitz, SM, Nagler, HM Testicular Torsion. Surgical Atlas of Male Infertility. Nagler, HM, Thomas, A (eds). Igaku-Shoin, New York 1995.
90. Martinis, FG, Virji, N, Goldberg, S, Feng, YX, Nagler, HM Effect of Sodium Nitroprusside on Sperm Motility Assessed by Swim Up Methods. [Abstract P-073] In 1995 Abstracts of the Scientific Oral and Poster Sessions of the 51st Annual Meeting of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Seattle, p.S127. October 10, 1995.
91. Nagler, HM, New Techniques for Sperm Acquisition and Use - A Cause for Excitement and Concern. J of Urology, 154 (6):2078-9, December 1995.
92. Popowitz, SM, Marks, JO, Nagler, HM Renal Cell Carcinoma Presenting at Staghorn Calculi., March 1995.
93. Popowitz, SM, Berman, SM, Nagler, HM Adrenal Cavernous Hemangioma. , March 1995.
94. Davis AJ, Wah RM, Kohler CL, Nagler HM, Younger JB, Visscher Rd, Soules MR. Ideal Residency Curriculum in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. Obstetrics and Gynecology,86:132. 1995.
95. Katz, D, Nagler, HM. Evaluation of the Subfertile Male, Topics in Clinical Urology - New Diagnostic Tests, Resnick, M, Spirnak, J (eds) Igaku-Shoin, New York 1996.
96. Nagler, HM Commentary on the Testicular Microenvironment. J of Urology, Vol. 155, 800-801, March 1996.
97. Nagler, HM, Martinis, FG. Testicular Autotransplantation. Atlas of Urologic Clinics of North America: Microsurgery. Philadelphia, W.B. Saunders Company, 95-110, Oct. 1996.
98. Nagler, HM, Managing Male Infertility Requires Involving the Woman - An Update in Analysis and Treatment. A.U.A. Today, pp 3,7 February 1996.
99. Nagler, HM (reviewer), Smoking and Urology: Male Fertility and Sexual Dysfunctions Cigarettes: What the Warning Label Doesn't Tell You. The American Council on Science and Health, 95-100, 1996.
100. Nagler, HM Azoospermia: Diagnosis and Treatment. Evaluation and Treatment of the Infertile Male. Edited by Grace Centola, M.D. and Kenneth A. Ginsburg, M.D., Cambridge University Press, 235-262, 1996.
101. Popowitz, SM, Nagler, HM Sports Related Injuries in the Genitourologic Tract. Sports Medicine: Principles in Primary Care. Scuderi, G.R., McCann, P.D., Bruno, P.J.(eds). Mosby-Year Book, Chicago, 46-60, 1996.
102. Nagler, HM, The President’s Report, Society of Reproductive Surgeons, Fertility News, 30 (4):7, Winter 1996.
103. Vazquez-Levin, MH, Friedmann, P, Goldberg,SI, Medley, NE, Nagler, HM. Response of routine semen analysis and critical assessment of sperm morphology by Kruger classification to therapeutic varicocelectomy. J of Urology 158(5):1804-7, November 1997.
104. Nagler, HM, Luntz, RK, Martinis, FM, Varicocele. Infertility in the Male, 3rd Ed. Larry I. Lipshultz and Stuart S Howards (editors), Mosby Year Book, 336-359, 1997.
105. Nagler, HM, The President’s Report, Society of Reproductive Surgeons, SRS Newsletter, 2 (1):1-2, Spring 1997.
106. Nagler, HM, The President’s Report, Society of Reproductive Surgeons, ASRM News, 14-15, 1997.
107. Nagler, HM, Infertility in the 90’s Is the Urologist Necessary? RESOLVE of New Jersey Chapter Newsletter, 18 (4):4, July-August 1997.
108. Allegheny University Hospitals Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Chapter, Risk Management Handbook, December 31, 1998.
109. Vasquez-Levin, MH, Goldberg, SI, Friedmann, P, DesJarlais, DC, Nagler, HM Papanicolaou and Kruger assessment of sperm morphology: thresholds and agreement. International J of Andrology. 21(6):327-31, December 1998.
110. Vazquez-Levin, MH, Chue, J, Goldberg, S Medley, NE and Nagler, HM The relationship between critical evaluation of sperm morphology and the TYB-optimized zona free hamster oocyte sperm penetration assay. International Journal of Andrology, 22 (5):329-35, October 1999.
111. Gottenger, EE and Nagler, HM. The Quagmire of Postmortem Sperm Acquisition. J of Andrology, Vo. 20. No. 4, July/August 1999.
112. Gottenger, EE and Nagler, HM Vasectomy Reversal in the Era of Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI): Indications & Technique. Brazilian J of Urology, Vol. 26 (2): 146-155, March – April, 2000.
113. Matteson JR, Stock, JA, Hanna MK, Arnold, TV and Nagler, HM: Medicolegal aspects of testicular torsion. Urology. 57(4) 783-6; Discussion 786-7, April. 2001.
114. Matteson JR and Nagler HM Intracavernous Penile Hematoma. Journal of Urology. 164(5):1647-8, November 2000.
115. Galarneau, G and Nagler, HM. Cost Effective Treatment of Male Infertility. Contemporary Urology, 11(9):32-45, September 1999.
116. Virji, N, Gottenger, EE, Nagler, HM. Infection and Infertility. Male Infertility. Neves, P.A., Netto Jr, N.R. (eds.). Infertilidade Masculina 105-112, Athenu, San Paulo. 2002.
117. Zahalsky, M, and Nagler, H. Ultrasound and Infertility: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Uses Current Urology Reports. 2(6):437-42, December 2001.
118. Nagler, HM Rotman, M, Zoltan, E and Fisch, H “The Natural History of Partial Ejaculatory Duct Obstruction”. J of Urology, 167(1):253-4, January 2002.
119. Nagler, HM, and Meraj, S. Varicocele: Microscopic and Macroscopic Approaches. In Glenn’s Urologic Surgery, 6th Edition. Editor Sam Graham Jr.
120. Meraj, S Narasimhan, G Gerber, E Nagler, HM. Bladder Wall Lipoma. Urology. 60(1):164, July 2002.
121. Nagler, HM. Vasectomy. AUA Patient Education Web Site, 2002.
122. Nagler, HM and Zahalsky, M. Practical Cases in Urology – Diagnosis and Treatment of the Infertile Male. Series XXV, 2002.
123. Nagler, HM and Zahalsky, M. Sertoli-Cell-Only Syndrome: Significant Concepts. AUA News. August 2002.
124. Nagler, HM and Zahalsky, M. Ultrasound and Infertility: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Uses. The American Infertility Association Newsletter, September 2002.
125. Nagler, HM, Zahalsky, M and Zoltan, E Kruger. Morphology predicts outcome of sperm penetration assay: true or false. Fertility and Sterility 79(1):39-41, January 2003.
126. Meraj S, Nagler HM, Homel P, Shasha D, and Wagner, J Radical prostatectomy: size of the prostate gland and its relationship with acute perioperative complications. Canadian J of Urology; 10(1): February 2003.
127. Nagler, HM and Rotman, M. Predictive Parameters for Microsurgical Reconstruction. The Urologic Clinics of North America, 29(4):913-19, ix, November 2002.
128. Nagler, HM, Zoltan E. Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Radial Prostatectomy: The Beth Israel Medical Center Experience, Fertility and Sterility 79:39-41, 2003.
129. Nagler, HM, Homel P, Shasha D, Wagner J. “Radical prostatectomy: size of the prostate gland and its relationship with acute perioperative complications”, Canadian J of Urology: 10(1), February 2003.
130. Nagler, HM book review. Male Sexual Function – A guide to clinical management – ed JJ Mulcahy. J of Urology September 2003.
131. Kubal, A, Nagler, HM, Zahalsky and Budak, M. Adolescent Varicocele: Diagnostic and Treatment Patterns of Pediatricians. A Public Health Concern. J Urol 171:1. 411-413, January 2004.
132. Nagler, HM Evaluating the Risk of Epididymal injury during Hydrocelectomy and
Spermatocelectomy, J of Urology 171(6 Pt 1): 229-92, June 2004.
133. Nagler, HM, Berman, A Popowitz, SH - Sports Medicine: A Comprehensive Approach, Second Edition Chapter 9: “Genitourinary Injuries”, Published by Elsevier Science, 2004.
134. Nagler, HM, Zahalsky, M – Smoking and Urology “Cigarettes: What the Warning Label Doesn’t Tell You” – Editor and Reviewer of chapter. Published by the American Council on Science and Health, 2004.
135. Smoking and Urology and Male Reproduction “Cigarettes What the Label Doesn’t Tell You. Information Tobacco Companies Don’t Want Teens to Know About the Dangers of Smoking” – Editor and reviewer of two chapters, Published by the American Council on Science and Health, 2004.
136. Nagler, HM. Editorial: Varicocele: Where, Why and If So, How? J of Urol. Vol. 172(4 Pt 1): 1239-40, October 2004.
137. Zahalsky M, DiBlasio C, Wilson S, Lam S, Nagler HM. Male Infertility on the Internet: An Analysis of Web-Based Resources. Brit J of Urol. Vol. 95 No. 4 Article 5377, 481-84, March 2005.
138. Zahalsky M, Berman AJ, Nagler HM. Ultrasound: Applications to the Diagnosis and Treatment of Male Infertility. Contemporary Urology, April, 2005.
139. Gerber E, Wagner JR, Nagler HM. Digital Rectal Examination is a Barrier to Population-Based Prostate Cancer Screening. Urology; 65 (6):1137-40 June 2005.
141. Nagler, HM, Dinlenc, CD. Laparoscopic retrieval of retroperitoneal vas deferens in vasovasostomy for post inguinal herniorrhaphy obstructive azoospermia. Fertility and Sterility. Vol. 83(6):1842 – June 2005.
142. Zahalsky, M, Berman AJ, Nagler HM. Current US TECHNIQUES FOR EVALUATING MALE INFERTILITY. Contemporary Urology. Vol. 17, No. 4, 52-58, April 2005.
143. Nagler, HM, Shin, D, Lipshultz, LI, Goldstein, M, Barme, GA, Fuchs, EF, McCallum, SW, Niederberger, CS. Herniorrhaphy With Polpropylene Mesh causing Inguinal Vasal Obstruction: A Preventable Cause of Obstructive Azoopermia. Annals of Surgery, 241, (4):(553-558), April 2005.
144. Nagler, HM. Is antegrade sclerotherapy a valid alternative for the treatment of varicocele? Nature Clinical Practice Urology. Vol. 2, No. 9 233 – September 2005.
145. Nagler, HM. Varicoceles, heat and heat shock proteins – that is the question! International Braz J. Urol. 31(3):243-44 May-June 2005.
146. Goldfarb, R, Grotas, A, Srivastave, N, Ongseng, F and N, Nagler, HM. Radionuclide Imaging in Urology. Urologic Clinics of North America. 33 (2006) 319-328.
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.