Clyde B. Schechter, M.D.
- Hypertension, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, tuberculosis, AIDS, cervical cancer, breast cancer, post-traumatic stress and others.
- Primary/secondary prevention or health services issues in connection with particular diseases.
- Health disparities
- Statistical and mathematical modeling of disease processes
- Applied epidemiology
- Decision analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, and computer simulations
- Comparative Modeling: Informing Breast Cancer Control Practice & Policy
- Improving the Impact of Calorie Labeling Policies
- Bronx A1C: Bring it Down for Health
- Trajectories of Psychological risk and resilience in World Trade Center responders
- Burden of Mental-Physical Comorbidity in World Trade Center Responders
- Biomarkers of Psychological Risk and Resilience in World Trade Center Responders
- Future of Risk-Based Breast Cancer Screening in Community Settings
Recent Publications (selected)
- Pietrzak, R. H., Feder, A., Schechter, C. B., Singh, R., Cancelmo, L., Bromet, E. J., Katz, C. L., Reissman, D. B., Ozbay, F., Sharma, V., Crane, M., Harrison, D., Herbert, R., Levin, S. M., Luft, B. J., Moline, J. M., Stellman, J. M., Udasin, I. G., El-Gabalawy, R., Landrigan, P. J., Southwick, S. M. Dimensional structure and course of posttraumatic stress symptomatology in World Trade Center responders. Psychol Med. 2013 Dec 2:1-14.
- Lucan S, Hillier A, Schechter CB, Glanz K. Objective and self-reported factors associated with food-environment perceptions and fruit-and-vegetable consumption: a multilevel analysis. Preventing Chronic Disease 2014;11:130324. DOI: 9. PMC3970773
- Stout NIK, Lee SJ, Schechter CB, Kerlikowske K, Alagoz O, Berry D, Buist DSM, Cevik M, Chisholm G, deKoning HJ, Huang H, Hubbard RA, Miglioretti DL, Munsell MF, Trentham-Dietz A, van Ravesteyn NT, Tosteson ANA, Mandelblatt JS. Benefits, harms and costs for breast cancer screening in the US following implementation of digital mammography. Journal of the National Cancer Institute (2014) 106(6)
- Lansdorp-Vogelaar I, Gulati R, Mariotto AB, Schechter CB, deCarvalho TM, Knudsen AB, van Ravesteyn NT, Heijnsdijk EA, Pabiniak C, van Ballegooijen M, et al. Personalizing age of cancer screening cessation based on comorbid conditions: model estimates of harms and benefits.Ann Intern Med 2014 Jul 15; 161(2):104-12. Doi: 10.7326/M13-2867.
- Stout NK, Lee SJ, Schechter CB, Kerlikowske K, Alagoz O, Berry D, Buist DSM, Mucahit C, Chisholm G, deKoning HJ, Huang H, Hubbard RA, Miglioretti DL, Munsell MF, Trentham-Dietz A, vanRavesteyn NT, Tosteson ANA, Mandelblatt JS. Benefits, harms and costs for breast cancer screening in the US following implementation of digital mammography. JNCI 2014 May 28; 106(6) :dju092. doi: 10.1093/jnci/dju092. Print 2014 Jun.
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.