Marc L. Gordon, M.D.
Marc L. Gordon, M.D., is Chief of Neurology at the Zucker Hillside Hospital, and Associate Professor of Neurology and Psychiatry at the Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine. He received his B.A. summa cum laude and his M.A. degrees from the State University of New York at Buffalo. He received his M.D. degree from Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons in 1985. He completed his neurology residency training and a fellowship in neuropsychopharmacology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 1990. Dr. Gordon is a diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, and a Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology.
Dr. Gordon’s primary subspecialty interest is in Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry. He has been a Principal Investigator in clinical research studies of Alzheimer’s disease, mild cognitive impairment, and vascular dementia. His current research involves clinical trials of novel medications, biomarker studies, and imaging techniques.
- Gomar JJ, Gordon ML, Dickinson D, Kingsley PB, Ulug AM, Keehlisen L, Huet S, Buthorn JJ, Koppel J, Christen E, Conejero-Goldberg C, Davies P, Goldberg TE. “APOE genotype modulates proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy metabolites in the aging brain.” Biol Psychiatry 2013 [in press]
- Gordon ML, Mirza N, Bauer L, Spoor E, Overman G, Dustin I, Fleischer TA, Putnam K, Cohen RM, Sunderland T. ”Intravenous pulse cyclophosphamide in Alzheimer’s disease: Results of a pilot dose-finding study.” Alzheimer’s & Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer’s Association 2006;2:S360.
- Kohen I, Gordon ML, Manu P. “Serotonin syndrome in elderly patients treated for psychotic depression with atypical antipsychotics and antidepressants: two case reports.” CNS Spectrums 2007;12:596-598.
- Gordon ML, Doghramji PP, Lieberman JA 3rd. “Stay awake! Understanding, diagnosing, and successfully managing narcolepsy.” Current Psychiatry 2007;6(suppl):S3-S15.
- Koppel J, Bradshaw H, Goldberg TE, Khalili H, Marambaud P, Walker MJ, Pazos M, Gordon ML, Christen E, Davies P. “Endocannabinoids in Alzheimer’s disease and their impact on normative cognitive performance: a case-control and cohort study.” Lipids Health Dis. 2009; 8:2.
- Goldberg TE, Koppel J, Keehlisen L, Christen E, Dreses-Werringloer U, Conejero-Goldberg C, Gordon ML, Davies P. “Performance-based measures of everyday function in mild cognitive impairment.” American Journal of Psychiatry. 2010 Jul;167(7):845-53. Epub 2010 Apr 1.
- Gallego JA, Gordon ML, Claycomb K, Bhatt M, Lencz T, Malhotra AK. “In vivo microRNA detection and quantitation in cerebrospinal fluid.” J Mol Neurosci Epub 2012 Mar 9.
- Gordon ML, Kingsley PB, Goldberg TE, Koppel J, Christen E, Keehlisen L, Kohn N, Davies P. “An open-label exploratory study with memantine: correlation between proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy and cognition in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease.” Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord Extra 2012;2:312-20 (DOI: 10.1159/000341604)
- Kirchberg BC, Cohen JR, Adelsky MB, Buthorn JJ, Gomar JJ, Gordon M, Koppel J, Christen E, Conejero-Goldberg C, Davies P, Goldberg TE. “Semantic distance abnormalities in mild cognitive impairment: their nature and relationship to function.” Am J Psychiatry 2012; 00:1–9 (DOI: 10.1176/ 12030383) [Epub ahead of print]
More Information About Dr. Marc Gordon
Litwin-Zucker Research Center
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.