Wei Liu, Ph.D.
- Molecular mechanisms of retinal development
- Mouse genetics
- Stem cell-based modeling and repair of retinal diseases
NIH-funded positions are available for highly self-motivated postdoctoral research fellow/graduate student.
- Liu W, LagutinO, SwindellE, JamrichM and OliverG. Neuroretina specification in mouse embryos requires Six3-mediated suppression of Wnt8b in the anterior neural plate. J of Clin Invest,120: 3568-77, 2010.
- Liu W. Focus on Molecules: Wnt8b: A suppressor of early eye and retinal progenitor formation. Exp Eye Res 2011 Jan 8. [Epub ahead of print].
- Liu W, Lagutin OV, Mende M, Streit A and Oliver G. Six3 activation of Pax6 expression is essential for mammalian lens induction and specification. EMBO J 25: 5383-5395, 2006.
- Geng X, Speirs C, Lagutin O, Inbal A, Liu W, Solnica-Krezel L, Jeong Y, Epstein DJ, Oliver G. Haploinsufficiency of Six3 fails to activate Sonic hedgehog expression in the ventral forebrain and causes holoprosencephaly. Dev Cell15: 236-247, 2008.
- Geng X, Lavado A, Lagutin OV, Liu W, Oliver, G. Expression of Six3 Opposite Strand (Six3OS) during mouse embryonic development. Gene Expression Patterns7: 252-257, 2006.
Click image to enlarge
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.