Medical School: McGill University Faculty of Medicine
Residency: Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Family Medicine)
Residency: Mount Sinai School of Medicine (General Preventive Medicine)
Dr. William Jordan is the Immediate Past Board Chair of the National Physicians Alliance, and Director of Health Equity in All Policies, in the Center for Health Equity at the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. He focuses on aligning clinical care, community health, and policy advocacy to promote equity. He trained in family medicine at Montefiore and preventive medicine at Mount Sinai. He previously served as Co-Director of Medical Student Education in the Department of Family and Social Medicine and Director of the Preventive Medicine Residency at Montefiore-Einstein, and as Co-Chair of the Policy and Legislative Committee of the Public Health Association of New York City.
- Morley CP, Rosas SR, Mishori R, Jordan W, Jarris YS, Competencies Work Group FM, Prunuske J. Essential Public Health Competencies for Medical Students: Establishing a Consensus in Family Medicine. Teaching and Learning in Medicine. 2017 Feb 16:1-3.
- Flynn S, Hebert P, Korenstein D, Ryan M, Jordan WB, Keyhani S. Leveraging Social Media to Promote Evidence-Based Continuing Medical Education. PloS one. 2017 Jan 6;12(1):e0168962.
- Jordan WB et al. Impact of Frequent Assessment on Student Ratings of Preceptor Feedback and Clinical Teaching Effectiveness. In Robinson M & Mendoza MD. Proceedings of the 2013 Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM) Conference on Medical Student Education. Teaching and Learning in Medicine: An International Journal. 2014;26(2):196-203.
- Lucan SC, Maroko A, Shanker R, Jordan WB. Green Carts (Mobile Produce Vendors) in the Bronx-Optimally Positioned to Meet Neighborhood Fruit-and-Vegetable Needs? J Urban Health. 2011 Oct;88(5):977-81.
- Jordan WB, Karnik AS, Miskovitz SH, Purcell JM, Braganza SF, Ramani S, Tattelman EP. Integrating the Physical Exam into Teaching. Family Medicine Digital Resource Library; 2011. Available from:http://www.fmdrl.org/3237
- Jordan WB, Selwyn PA. HIV prevention in the clubhouse. Psychiatr Serv. 2008 Aug;59(8):933.
- Denegre JM, Valles JM Jr, Lin K, Jordan WB, Mowry KL. Cleavage planes in frog eggs are altered by strong magnetic fields. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1998 Dec 8;95(25):14729-32.
- Brown A, Nemeria N, Yi J, Zhang D, Jordan WB, Machado RS, Guest JR, Jordan F. 2-Oxo-3-alkynoic acids, universal mechanism-based inactivators of thiamin diphosphate-dependent decarboxylases: synthesis and evidence for potent inactivation of the pyruvate dehydrogenase multienzyme complex. Biochemistry. 1997 Jul 1;36(26):8071-81.
More Information About Dr. William Jordan
Department of Family and Social Medicine
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.