Jason E. Portnof, M.D., D.M.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Dentistry
Dr. Jason E. Portnof, D.M.D., M.D. is currently full time faculty of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency program at Beth Israel Medical Center/ Jacobi Medical Center/ Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He completed his undergraduate education at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, and received his doctorate in dental medicine (DMD) from Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. His medical school training (MD) was completed at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City. He completed a residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery and an internship in general surgery at New York Presbyterian Hospital/ Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. Portnof completed a fellowship in pediatric maxillofacial surgery/ craniomaxillofacial surgery in the Department of Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery, Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia. His interests include the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with an emphasis on correction of dentofacial deformities, orthognathic and maxillofacial reconstructive surgery, Temporomandibular joint reconstructive surgery, oral and maxillofacial pathology, cosmetic facial surgery, and complex dental implantology.
- Portnof JE, Liss J, Cross KJ, Bouchard NC, Spinelli HM. “Penetrating Orbital Trauma”, Oral Surgery, Vol 2 (2). Nov 2009. 99-102.
- Wang K, Yang Y, Jiang T, Xu H, Portnof JE, Wang G, Salyer KE. “Utilization of 3-Dimensional Computer Tomography for Craniofacial Phenotype Analysis in Children with Velocardio-Facial Syndrome”, J Craniofac Surg. 2009 Oct 29.
- Salyer KE, Xu H, Portnof JE, Yamada A, Chong DK Genecov ER. “Skeletal Facial Balance and Harmony in the Cleft Patient: Principles and Techniques in Orthognathic Surgery”, Indian J Plast Surgery. Supplement 1. Oct 2009. Vol 42. Issue 3. S149- S167.
- Portnof JE, Friedman JM, Reich R, Freedman PD, Behrman DA. “Oral Ectomesenchymal Chondromyxoid Tumor: Case Report and Literature Review”, Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2009 Aug 27.
- Chong DK, Portnof JE, Xu H, Salyer KE. “Reviewing the Orthognathic Surgical Care of the Patient With Cleft Lip and Palate: The Single Surgeon Experience”, Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 20(8):1895-1904, September 2009.
- Portnof JE, Yeoh, MS, Freedman PD, Behrman DA. “Oral Cancer Screening and Prevention”, Today’s FDA. 2008 Feb; Vol 20, No. 2: 18-25.
- Portnof JE, Israel HA, Brause BD, Behrman DA. “Dental Premedication Protocols for Patients with Knee and Hip Prostheses: A Review of the Current Recommendations”, J Mich Dent Assoc. 2007 Apr; 89(4): 46-8, 50-2.
- Portnof JE, Israel HA, Brause BD, Behrman DA. “Dental Premedication Protocols for Patients with Knee and Hip Prostheses: A Review of the Current Recommendations”, N Y State Dent J. 2006 April; Vol. 72, No. 3: 20-25.
- Portnof JE. “Medicaid Children: A Vulnerable Cohort”, N Y State Dent J. 2004 February; Vol. 70, No. 2: 22-25.
- Rubin DM, Vedrenne D, Portnof JE. “Orthodontically Guided Eruption of Mandibular Second Premolar Following Enucleation of an Inflammatory Cyst: Case Report”, J Clin Pediatr Dent. 2002 Fall; 27(1): 19-23.
- Portnof JE, Leung T. First Aid for the NBDE Part II. 1st edition. New York: McGraw-Hill Medical, December 2007.
More Information About Dr. Jason Portnof
Beth Israel Medical Center Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
Jacobi Medical Center Department of Dentistry/ Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.