Xiaobo Li, Ph.D.
Current Research Interests:
- Functional MRI analysis – developing and translating refined quantitative mathematical and statistical methodologies for functional organization analyses to elucidate the pathophysiological mechanisms underlying brain development, and disorders
- Computational Neuroanatomy – developing refined quantitative measures of cortical shape development and geometric shape modeling of brain structures using structural MRI and DTI
- Integrated analyses of brain structure and function applying structural MRI, fMRI, DTI, PET, EEG/MEG measures and psychological and psychopharmacological factors
- Clinical application 1 – functional and anatomical impairments in visual- and auditory-language processing circuit in patients with Schizophrenia, ADHD, ASD, Depression, other inheritable mental disorders, and the genetic high-risk children and adolescents.
- Clinical application 2 – pharmacological stimulant effects to the efficiency of default-mode network system and cognition in ADHD, ASD, and Depression.
- Clinical application 3 – Impact of prolonged stress on brain mechanism of cognitive decline in aging population.
Selected recently peer-reviewed publications:
- Xiaobo Li*, Ariane Sroubek, Mary S. Kelly, Iris Lesser, Elyse Sussman, Yong He, Craig Branch, John J. Foxe, 1012: Atypical Pulvinar-cortical Pathways during Sustained Attention Performance in Children with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 51:11, 1197-1207.e4, Nov 2012.
- Shugao Xia, Xiaobo Li*, Ariane E. Kimball, Mary S. Kelly, Iris Lesser, Craig Branch, 2012: Thalamic Shape and Connectivity Abnormalities in Children with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Psychiatry Research Neuroimaging, 204, 161-167.
- Xiaobo Li*, Shugao Xia, Hilary C. Bertisch5, Craig A. Branch, Lynn E. DeLisi, 2012: Unique topology of language processing brain network: A systems-level biomarker of schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Research, 2012, 141: 128-136.
- Kai Wu, Yasuyuki Taki, Kazunori Sato, Hiroshi Hashizume, Yuko Sassa, Hikaru Takeuchi, Benjamin Thyreau, Yong He, Alan C. Evans, Xiaobo Li, Ryuta Kawashima, Hiroshi Fukuda, 2012: Topological organization of functional brain networks in healthy children: Differences in relation to age, sex, and intelligence. PlosONE, in press.
- Ariane Sroubek, Mary Kelly, Xiaobo Li*, 2012: Inattentiveness in Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Neuroscience Bulletin, in press (Invited Review).
- Xiaobo Li*, 2012: Advances in Meeting the Needs of Open Access: From the Field of Psychiatric Disorders to General Public. Journal of Genetic Syndromes & Gene Therapy, doi: 10.4172/2157-7412.1000e103
- Xiaobo Li*, Venkatesh Alapati, Courtney Jackson, Shugao Xia, Hilary C. Bertisch, Craig A. Branch, Lynn E. DeLisi, 2011: Structural Abnormalities in Language Circuits in Genetic High-risk Subjects and Schizophrenia Patients. Psychiatry Research Neuroimaging, 201 (2012), 182-189.
- Xiaobo Li*, Lynn Delisi, 2011. Chapter 7: White Matter Abnormalities in Schizophrenia Patients and Genetic High-risk Subjects. Schizophrenia Research: Recent Advances. Nova Science Publishers INC., NY. Editor Tomiki Sumiyoshi. ISBN: 978-1-61942-459-3
- Xiaobo Li*, Craig Branch, Lynn Delisi, 2010: Disturbed Functional Connectivity of Cortical Activation during semantic discrimination in patients with schizophrenia and subjects at genetic high-risk. Brain Imaging and Behavior, 4: 109-120.
- Xiaobo Li*, Craig Branch, Lynn DeLisi, 2009. Language pathway abnormalities in schizophrenia: a review of fMRI and other imaging studies. Current Opinion in Psychiatry, (Invited review) 22: 131-139.
- Xiaobo Li, Craig Branch, Babak Ardekani, Hilary Bertisch, Chindo Hicks, Lynn E. DeLisi, 2007. fMRI Study of Language Activation in Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorder and in Individuals Genetically at High Risk. Schizophrenia Research, 96: 14-24 (PMID: 17719745).
- Shuyu Li, Tiangzi Jiang, Xiaobo Li, Litao Zhu, Chaozhe Zhu, Sheng Xie, Yinhua Wang, Jiangxi Xiao 2007: Hippocampal Shape Analysis of Alzheimer Disease Based on Machine Learning Methods. American Journal of Neuroradiology, 28: 1339-1345 (PMID: 17698538).
- Lixia Tian, Tianzi Jiang, Meng Liang, Xiaobo Li, Kun Wang, Binli Cao 2007: Stabilities of Negative Correlations between Blood Oxygen Level-Dependent Signals Associated with Sensory and Motor Cortices. Human Brain Mapping, 28: 681-690 (PMID: 17266102).
- Xiaobo Li, Jiefeng Jiang, Wanlin Zhu, Tianzi Jiang, Chunshui Yu, Manqiu Sui, Yufeng Wang. 2007. Asymmetry of Prefrontal Cortical Convolution Complexity in Males with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Using Fractal Information Dimension. Brain and Development, 29: 649-655 (PMID: 17573219).
- Lynn Delisi, Hilary Bertish, Kyle Brown, Xiaobo Li, Babak Ardekani, Craig Branch, 2007. Early Detection and Longitudinal Follow-up of Schizophrenia Using MRI. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 33: 365-366.
- Tianzi Jiang, Feng Shi, Wanlin Zhu, Shuyu Li, Xiaobo Li, 2007. Shape Analysis of Human Brain with Cognitive Disorders. Proceedings of 12th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, Volume 12, LNCS_4561, ISBN: 978-3-540-73318-8.
- Xiaobo Li, Craig Branch, Hilary Bertisch, Kyle Brown, Kamila Szulc, Babak Ardekani, Lynn Delisi 2007: An fMRI Study of Language Processing in People at High Genetic Risk for Schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Research, 91: 62-72 (PMID: 17306963).
- Xiaobo Li, Robert Cripps 2007: Algorithm for Finding All K-Nearest Neighbours in 3D Scattered Points and Its Application in Reverse Engineering. Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 221: 1467-1472.
- Fuchun Lin, Chunshui Yu, Tianzi Jiang, Xiaobo Li, Kuncheng Li, Wen Qin, Yunyun Duan 2006: Quantitative Analysis along Pyramidal Tract by Length-Normalized Parameterization based on Diffusion Tensor Tractography: Application to Patients with Relapsing Neuromyelitis Optica. Neuroimage, 33: 154-160 (PMID: 16919971).
- Wanlin Zhu, Tianzi Jiang, Xiaobo Li. Chapter # 11, Deformable Models: Theory & Biomaterial Applications (Topics in Biomedical Engineering. International Book Series. Volume-II, Springer Publishers, Editors (Jasjit S. Suri and Aly Farag), ISBN: 0-387-31204-8, Release Date: May 2006.
- Xiaobo Li 2005: Geometric Property Estimation from 3D Range Data Aided by Local Quadric Surface Fitting. Ninth International Conference on Computer Aided Design and Computer Graphics (CAD/CG 2005). IEEE Computer Society, 0-7695-2473-7/05, pp. 313-319.
- Tianzi Jiang, Xiaobo Li, Gaolong Gong, Meng Liang, Lixia Tian, Fuchun Li, Yong He, Yufeng Zang, Chaozhe Zhu, Shuyu Li, Songyuan Tang 2005: Advances on Medical Imaging and Computing. Tenth IEEE International Conference of Computer Vision (ICCV’05), CVIBA, Liu, Y. et al. (Eds.), Springer, LNCS 3150, pp. 13-23.
- Wanlin Zhu , Tianzi Jiang , Xiaobo Li 2005: Local Region Based Medical Image Segmentation Using J-Divergence Measures. 27th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMCS05), IEEE Computer Society, pp. 181-185 (PMID: 17281932).
- Chaozhe Zhu, Yufeng Zang, Lixia Tian, Yong He, Xiaobo Li, Manqiu Sui, Yufen Wang, Tianzi Jiang 2005: Discriminative Analysis of Brain Function at Resting-state for Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. 8th International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI’05) Duncan, J. and Gerig, G. (Eds.), Springer, LNCS 3750, 8: 468-475 (PMID: 16685993).
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.