Research Assistant Professor, Department of Genetics
Selected Peer-reviewed Publications (Selected from 37 peer-reviewed publications)
Most relevant to the current application
1. Suzuki, M., Q. Jing, D. Lia, M. Pascual, A. McLellan and J. M. Greally (2010). "Optimized design and data analysis of tag-based cytosine methylation assays." Genome Biol 11(4): R36.
2. Suzuki, M., M. Oda, M. P. Ramos, M. Pascual, K. Lau, E. Stasiek, F. Agyiri, R. F. Thompson, J. L. Glass, Q. Jing, R. Sandstrom, M. J. Fazzari, R. S. Hansen, J. A. Stamatoyannopoulos, A. S. McLellan and J. M. Greally (2011). "Late-replicating heterochromatin is characterized by decreased cytosine methylation in the human genome." Genome Res 21(11): 1833-1840.
3. Oda, M., J. L. Glass, R. F. Thompson, Y. Mo, E. N. Olivier, M. E. Figueroa, R. R. Selzer, T. A. Richmond, X. Zhang, L. Dannenberg, R. D. Green, A. Melnick, E. Hatchwell, E. E. Bouhassira, A. Verma, M. Suzuki and J. M. Greally (2009). "High-resolution genome-wide cytosine methylation profiling with simultaneous copy number analysis and optimization for limited cell numbers." Nucleic Acids Res 37(12): 3829-3839.
4. Thompson, R. F., M. Suzuki, K. W. Lau and J. M. Greally (2009). "A pipeline for the quantitative analysis of CG dinucleotide methylation using mass spectrometry." Bioinformatics 25(17): 2164-2170.
5. Gendrel, A. V., Y. A. Tang, M. Suzuki, J. Godwin, T. B. Nesterova, J. M. Greally, E. Heard and N. Brockdorff (2013). "Epigenetic functions of Smchd1 repress gene clusters on the inactive X chromosome and on autosomes." Mol Cell Biol.
* Equal contribution
Additional recent publications of importance to the field (in Epigenetics)
Oda, M., S. Tanaka, Y. Yamazaki, H. Ohta, M. Iwatani, M. Suzuki, J. Ohgane, N. Hattori, R. Yanagimachi, T. Wakayama and K. Shiota (2009). "Establishment of trophoblast stem cell lines from somatic cell nuclear-transferred embryos." Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106(38): 16293-16297.
Acosta, D., M. Suzuki, D. Connolly, R. F. Thompson, M. J. Fazzari, J. M. Greally and C. Montagna (2011). "DNA methylation changes in murine breast adenocarcinomas allow the identification of candidate genes for human breast carcinogenesis." Mamm Genome 22(3-4): 249-259.
Pascual, M., M. Suzuki, M. Isidoro-Garcia, J. Padron, T. Turner, F. Lorente, I. Davila and J. M. Greally (2011). "Epigenetic changes in B lymphocytes associated with house dust mite allergic asthma." Epigenetics 6(9).
Golden, A., A. S. McLellan, R. A. Dubin, Q. Jing, O. B. P, D. Moskowitz, Z. Zhang, M. Suzuki, J. Hargitai, R. B. Calder and J. M. Greally (2012). "The Einstein Genome Gateway using WASP - a high throughput multi-layered life sciences portal for XSEDE." Stud Health Technol Inform 175: 182-191.
Hanoun, M., L. Eisele, M. Suzuki, J. M. Greally, A. Huttmann, S. Aydin, R. Scholtysik, L. Klein-Hitpass, U. Duhrsen and J. Durig (2012). "Epigenetic Silencing of the Circadian Clock Gene CRY1 is Associated with an Indolent Clinical Course in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia." PLoS One 7(3): e34347.
Smith, A. C., M. Suzuki, R. Thompson, S. Choufani, M. J. Higgins, I. W. Chiu, J. A. Squire, J. M. Greally and R. Weksberg (2012). "Maternal gametic transmission of translocations or inversions of human chromosome 11p15.5 results in regional DNA hypermethylation and downregulation of CDKN1C expression." Genomics 99(1): 25-35.
Heuck, C. J., J. Mehta, T. Bhagat, K. Gundabolu, Y. Yu, S. Khan, G. Chrysofakis, C. Schinke, J. Tariman, E. Vickrey, N. Pulliam, S. Nischal, L. Zhou, S. Bhattacharyya, R. Meagher, C. Hu, S. Maqbool, M. Suzuki, S. Parekh, F. Reu, U. Steidl, J. Greally, A. Verma and S. B. Singhal (2013). "Myeloma is characterized by stage-specific alterations in DNA methylation that occur early during myelomagenesis." J Immunol 190(6): 2966-2975.
Reddington, J. P., S. M. Perricone, C. E. Nestor, J. Reichmann, N. A. Youngson, M. Suzuki, D. Reinhardt, D. S. Dunican, J. G. Prendegast, H. Mjoseng, B. H. Ramsahoye, E. Whitelaw, J. M. Greally, I. R. Adams, W. A. Bickmore and R. R. Meehan (2013). "Redistribution of H3K27me3 upon DNA hypomethylation results in de-repression of Polycomb-target genes." Genome Biol 14(3): R25.
Suzuki, M. and J. M. Greally (2013). "Genome-wide DNA Methylation Analysis Using Massively Parallel Sequencing Technologies." Semin Hematol 50(1): 70-77.
Yu, Y., Y. Mo, D. Ebenezer, S. Bhattacharyya, H. Liu, S. Sundaravel, O. Giricz, S. Wontakal, J. Cartier, B. Caces, A. Artz, S. Nischal, T. Bhagat, K. Bathon, S. Maqbool, O. Gligich, M. Suzuki, U. Steidl, L. Godley, A. Skoultchi, J. Greally, A. Wickrema and A. Verma (2013). "High resolution methylome analysis reveals widespread functional hypomethylation during adult human erythropoiesis." J Biol Chem 288(13): 8805-8814.
More Information About Dr. Masako Suzuki
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Michael F. Price Center
1301 Morris Park Avenue , Room 314
Bronx, NY 10461