Professor of Clinical Obstetrics & Gynecology and Women's Health, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Women's Health (Fetal Medicine & Ultrasound)
Director, Ultrasound & Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Women's Health
Dr Dar is the director of the division of fetal medicine at Montefiore Medical Center. He was trained in obstetrics and gynecology and high risk pregnancy in Israel and completed further training in obstetrics and gynecology and clinical genetics in the USA. In addition, Dr Dar completed training in fetal surgery in Europe.
Dr Dar is specialized in:
1. Prenatal diagnosis: Prenetal screening including First trimester screening for Down syndrome; Detailed fetal anatomy scans in early and late second trimester (including early transvaginal scans); Fetal echocardiography; Neurosonography; CVS; amniocentesis; cordocentesis and placental biopsies.
2. In Utero procedures and surgery: Fetoscopic laser ablation for twin to twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS), RFA for TRAP syndrome, EXIT procedures, Selective fetal reductions, fetal blood transfusions, in-utero placement of vesico-amniotic shunts and thoracoamniotic shunts;
1. Mazor M, Zitzer P, Chaim W, Maymon E, Kuperman O. C-reactive protein as a marker of infection in women with preterm delivery. Harefuah.[Hebrew] 1993:1;124(3); 132-137.
2. Maymon R, Zitzer P, Manor Y, Bukovsky I, Moroz C. Placental isoferitin patterns during normal first trimester and tubal gestations. Hum Reprod. 1995:10(9); 2445-2447.
3. Langer R, Pansky M, Zitzer P, Bukovsky I, Golan A. National Urogynecologic Survey. Isr J Obstet Gynecol. 1996 :7;145-149.
4. Zitzer P, Panski M, Maymon R, Langer R, Bukovski I, Golan A. Pelvic splenosis as a cause of low abdominal pain- Laparoscopic management. Human Reprod. 1998 :13(6);101-103.
5. Arieli S, Zitzer P, Bukovsky I, Maymon R. Metabolic alkalosis at term pregnancy causing fetal deterioration and distress. Isr J Obstet Gynecol 1999: 10; 61-63
6. Dar P, Weiner I, Sofrin O, Sachs GS, Bukovsky I, Arieli S. Clinical and sonographic fetal weight estimations in active labor with ruptured membranes. J Reprod Med. 2000:45(5); 390-394.
7. Dar P, Gross SJ. Craniofacial and neck anomalies. Clin Perinatol 2000;27(4);813-837
8. Dar P, Gross SJ. Macrosomia-a genetic perspective. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2000:43(2); 298-308.
9. Dar P, Sachs GS, Strassburger D, Bukovsky I, Arieli S. Ovarian function before and after salpingectomy in artificial reproductive technology patients. Hum Reprod. 2000:15(1);142-144
10. Dar P, Sachs SG, Carter SM, Ferreira JC, Nitowsky HM, Gross SJ. Prenatal diagnosis of Bardet-Biedl syndrome by targeted second trimester sonography. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2001 Apr;17(4):354-6
11. Sherer DM, Dar P. Prenatal ultrasonographic diagnosis of congenital umbilical hernia and associated patent omphalomesenteric duct. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2001:51(1); 66-68
12. Dar P, Strassburger D, Shaish A, Levkovitz H, Halperin R, Harats R. Reduced reproduction with increased abortion rate in transgenic mice that overexpress 15-Lipoxygenase.Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2001;52(1):18-21.
13. Dar P, Javed AA, Ben-Yishay M, Ferreira JC, Paterson AD, Gross SJ, Chitayat D, Morrow BE, Nitowsky HM. Potential Mapping of Corneal Dermoids to Xq24-qter. J Med Genetics. 2001;38(10):719-23
14. Halperin R, Zehavi S, Dar P, Habler L, Hadas E, Bukovsky I, Schneider D. Clinical and molecular comparison between borderline serous ovarian tumors and advanced serous papillary ovarian carcinomas. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2001;22(4):292-6.
15. Gross SJ, Ferreira JC, Morrow BE, Dar P, Funke B, Khabele D, Merkatz I. Gene expression profile of trisomy-21 placentas – a potential approach for designing non-invasive techniques of prenatal diagnosis. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002. 187(2):457-62
16. Vaknin Z, Halperin R, Schneider D, Teitler J, Dar P, Herman A, Herman A, Berkovitch M. Hyperemesis gravidarum and nonspecific abnormal EEG findings: a preliminary report. J Reprod Med. 2006 ;51(8):623-7.
17. Canick JA, Lambert-Messerlian GM, Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Malone FD, Ball RH, Nyberg DA, Comstock CH, Bukowski R, Saade GR, Berkowitz RL, Dar P, Dugoff L, Craigo SD, Timor-Tritsch IE, Carr SR, Wolfe HM, D'Alton ME. First and Second Trimester Evaluation of Risk (FASTER) Trial Research Consortium. Comparison of Serum Markers in First-Trimester Down Syndrome Screening. Obstet Gynecol. 2006 ;108(5):1192-1199.
18. Dugoff L, Cuckle HS, Hobbins JC, Malone FD, Belfort MA, Nyberg DA, Comstock CH, Saade GR, Eddelman KA, Dar P, Craigo AD, Timor Tritsch IE, Carr SR, Wolfe HM, D’alton ME for the FASTER Trial Research Consortium. Prediction of patient-specific risk for fetal loss using maternal characteristics and first and second trimester maternal serum Down syndrome markers. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008 Sep;199(3):290.e1-6.
19. Dar P, Karmin I, Einstein MH. Arteriovenous Malformations of the Uterus: Long-Term Follow-Up. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2008 11;66(3):157-161
20. Rotenberg, O., Shahabi, S., Dar, P. Testosterone secreting mature ovarian teratoma causing virilization in an adolescent - Sonographic and color Doppler characteristics. J Ultrasound Med. 2009 ;28(1):85-8
21. D’Alton ME, Cleary-Goldman J, Lambert-Messerlian G, Ball RH, Nyberg DA, Comstock CH, Bukowski R, Berkowitz RL, Dar P, Dugoff L, Craigo SD, Timor IE, Carr SR, Wolfe HM, Dukes K, Canick JA, Malone FD. Maintaining quality assurance for nuchal translucency sonography: Lessons from the FASTER trial. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2009 27;33(2):142-146
22. Gebb J, Dar P. Should the First Trimester Aneuploidy Screen be Maternal Age Adjusted? Screening by Absolute Risk vs. Risk Adjusted to Maternal Age. Prenatal Diagnosis. 2009; 29 (3) 245-247
23. Terry S., Banks E., Harris K., Duvivier R., Dar P. Comparison of 3-dimensional to 2-dimensional Saline Infusion Sonohysterograms for the Evaluation of Intrauterine Abnormalities. J Clinic Ultrasound. 2009 ;37(5):258-62.
24. Dar P, Rosenthal J,Factor S, DubiossoR, Murthy AS First trimester diagnosis of fetal epignathus with two and three-dimensional ultrasonography. J Ultrasound Med. 2009 Dec;28(12):1743-6
25. Ram K, Goffman D, Ilagan J, Dar P. First trimester diagnosis of familial split-hand split-foot malformation (SHFM). J Ultrasound Med. 2009 ;28(10):1397-400.
26. Dar P, Gebb J, Reimers L, Bernstein PB, Chazotte C, Merkatz IR. First trimester 3-dimensional power Doppler of the utero-placental circulation space: A potential screening method for preeclampsia. AJOG. 2010 ;203(3):238.e1-7.
27. Dar P, Gebb J. Reply: First-trimester 3-dimensional power Doppler for the screening of preeclampsia: the analysis of a greater proportion of the uteroplacental unit might improve the accuracy of the method .AJOG. 2011 Feb;204(2):e5-6.
28. Gebb J, Demasio K, Dar P. Prenatal sonographic diagnosis of a familial Saethre-Chotzen Syndrome. J Ultrasound Med. 2011;30(3):420-2
29. Gebb J, Dar P. Color Doppler ultrasound of spiral artery blood flow in the prediction of preeclampsia and intrauterine growth restriction. Best Prac Res Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2011. In press
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.
Montefiore Medical Park
1695 Eastchester Road , Room L4
Bronx, NY 10461