Peter L. Chang, M.D.
Dr. Chang is the Director of Beth Israel Center for Infertility & Reproductive Health (www.BethIsraelCenterForInfertility.com). He completed his fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology at Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons where he remained as Assistant Professor before joining Beth Israel Medical Center. He is board-certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility and is a member of many professional organizations.
Dr. Chang has particular clinical interests in infertility, premature ovarian failure, and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. He has authored book chapters and more than forty articles and abstracts in the fields of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology. He is fluent in Chinese, Portuguese and Spanish. Dr. Chang has numerous years of experience in the field of reproductive endocrinology and is prepared to offer you the latest assisted reproductive techniques.
PUBLISHED RESEARCH PAPERS, PEER REVIEW:
1. Rapkin AJ, Chang LC, Reading AE. Premenstrual syndrome: A double blind placebo controlled study of treatment with progesterone vaginal suppositories. J Obstet Gynaecol 1987;7:217-220.
2. Rapkin AJ, Edulwerth E, Chang LC, Reading AE, Mcquire MT, Su TP. Whole blood serotonin in premenstrual syndrome. Obstet Gynecol 1987;70:533-538.
3. Rapkin AJ, Chang LC, Reading AE. Comparison of retrospective and prospective assessment of premenstrual symptoms. Psychol Reports 1988;62:55-60.
4. Rapkin AJ, Buchman TD, Sutpkin MS, Chang LC, Reading AE. Platelet monoamino oxidase B activity in women with premenstrual syndrome. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1988;159:1536-1540.
5. Reading AE, Chang LC, Kerin JF. Psychological states and coping styles across an IVF treatment cycle. J Reprod Infert Psychol 1989;7:95-103.
6. Reading AE, Chang LC, Kerin JF. Attitudes and anxiety levels in women conceiving through in-vitro fertilization and gamete intrafallopian transfer. Fertil Steril 1989;52:95-99.
7. Rapkin AJ, Chang LC, Reading AE. Tryptophan loading test in premenstrual syndrome. J Obstet Gynecol 1989;10:140-144.
8. Rapkin AJ, Chang LC, Reading AE. Mood and cognitive style in premenstrual syndrome. Obstet Gynecol 1989;74:644-649.
9. Chang PL, Newton ER. Predictors of antibiotic prophylactic failure in post-cesarean endometritis. Obstet Gynecol 1992;80:117-122.
10. Sabella V, Chang PL, Eddy C. A technique for laparoscopic completion of vaginal hysterectomy. Obstet Gynecol 1996;87:465-467.
11. Tekmal RR, Burns WN, Rao DV, Montoya IA, Chang PL, Stoica G, Schenken RS. Regulation of rat granulosa cell alpha-inhibin expression by luteinizing hormone, estradiol, and progesterone. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1996;175:420-427.
12. Lindheim SR, Chang PL, Ditkoff EC, Sauer MV. Increases in serum progesterone after human chorionic gonadotropin are not predictive of cycle outcome during IVF-ET. Asst Reprod Rev 1997;7:134-136.
13. Lindheim SR, Chang PL, Ditkoff EC, Sauer MV. Utility of day 3 follicle stimulating hormone and estradiol in women with polycystic ovary syndrome undergoing ovarian hyperstimulation and intrauterine insemination. Asst Reprod Rev 1997;7:137-138.
14. Chang PL, Mor E, Sauer MV. Evaluating the clinical utility of performing semen cultures prior to attempts at in-vitro fertilization. Asst Reprod Rev 1997;8:184-187.
15. Chang PL, Canfield RE, Ditkoff EC, O’Connor JF, Sauer MV. Measuring hCG in the absence of implantation using highly sensitive urinary assays for intact, beta-core, and free beta epitopes. Fertil Steril 1997;69:412-414.
16. Chang PL, Lindheim SR, Sauer MV. Screening oocyte donors for Cystic Fibrosis using multiplex PCR amplification of the CFTR gene from buccal cell DNA. J Asst Reprod Genet 1998;15:405-406.
17. Lindheim SR, Chang PL, Vidali A, Ferin M, Sauer MV. The utility of serum progesterone and inhibin A in monitoring unstimulated IVF-ET. J Asst Reprod Genet 1998;15:538-541.
18. Lindheim SR, Cohen MA, Chang PL, Sauer MV. Serum progesterone before and after human chorionic gonadotropin injection depends on the estradiol response to ovarian hyperstimulation during in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer cycles. J Assist Reprod Genet 1999;16:242-246.
19. Cohen MA, Chang PL, Uhler M, Legro R, Sauer MV, Lindheim SR. Reproductive outcome after sterilization reversal in women of advanced reproductive age. J Assist Reprod Genet 1999;16:402-404.
20. Chang PL, Sauer MV, Brown S. Y chromosome microdeletion in an azoospermic father and his four infertile sons. Hum Reprod 1999;14:2689-2694.
21. Chang PL, Lindheim SR, Lowre C, Ferin M, Gonzalez F, Berglund L, Carmina E, Sauer MV, Lobo RA. Normal ovulatory women with polycystic ovaries have hyperandrogenic pituitary-ovarian responses to gonadotropin releasing hormone-agonist testing. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2000; 85:995-1000.
22. Lindheim SR, Sauer MV, Carmina E, Chang PL, Zimmerman R, Lobo RA. Circulating leptin levels during ovulation induction: relation to adiposity and ovarian morphology. Fertil Steril 2000;73:493-498.
23. Kierszenbaum AL, Rivkin E, Chang PL, Tres LL, Olsson CA. Galactosyl receptor, a cell surface C-type lectin of normal and tumoral prostate epithelial cells with binding affinity to endothelial cells. Prostate 2000;43:175-183.
24. Sauer MV and Chang PL. Posthumous reproduction in a human immunodeficiency virus-discordant couple. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 2001;185:252-253.
25. Peña JE, Chang PL, Chan L, Zeitoun K, Thornton MH, Sauer MV. Supraphysiologic estradiol levels do not affect oocyte and embryo quality in oocyte donation cycles. Hum Reprod, 2001;17:83-87.
26. Sauer MV, Chang PL. Establishing a clinical program for human immunodeficiency virus 1-seropositive men to father seronegative children by means of in vitro fertilization with intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2002; 186:627-633.
27. Chang PL, Zeitoun KM, Chan LK, Thornton MH, Sauer MV. GnRH antagonist in older IVF patients. Retrieval rates and clinical outcome. J Reprod Med 2002, 47:253-258.
28. Pena LE, Klein J, Thornton M, Chang PL, Sauer MV. Successive pregnancies with delivery of two healthy infants in a couple who was discordant for human immunodeficiency virus infection. Fertil Steril 2002;78(2):421-423.
29. Pena LE, Chang PL, Thornton M, Sauer MV. Serum estradiol levels after 4 days of ovarian hyperstimulation in oocyte donors are predictive of embryo quality and clinical outcomes. Gynecol Obstet Invest 2002;54(4):207-212.
30. Seto-Young D, Paliou M, Schlosser J, Avtanski D, Park A, Patel P, Holcomb K , Salehi M, Chang P, Poretsky L. Direct thiazolidinedione action in the human ovary: insulin-independent and insulin-sensitizing effects on steroidogenesis and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) production. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005 Aug 30;
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.