Einstein does not accept visiting students from international medical schools, excluding pre-approved students with one of Einstein’s Student Exchange Programs (listed under the Quick Links). Students from Sackler School of Medicine should submit the paper application and must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident.
Visiting Students must adhere to the module/rotation dates that have been set for the academic year. Occasionally applicants make preliminary inquires or tentative arrangements with individual Einstein faculty members. However, students are REQUIRED to submit an application and registration for courses listed MUST be finalized and confirmed through the Office of the Registrar. Students are registered for electives on a first come, first serve basis for students that meet Einstein visiting student requirements and have submitted completed applications. We are unable to respond to inquiries regarding availability of electives and are unable to reserve a position pending the receipt of an application. Visiting students are required to follow our set Module/Rotation dates.
Eligibility to participate in electives visiting students must:
- Be in their final year and in good academic standing at their home medical school
- Have completed required clinical core clerkships by the starting date of the desired elective
- Have a passing score on the USMLE STEP I (or a passing score on the COMLEX Exam)
- Be covered by malpractice insurance through their home medical school ($1 million per claim/$3 million Aggregate). We do not allow students to purchase malpractice insurance on their own.
- Be covered by personal health insurance
- Current BLS/ACLS
- Current Einstein Health Form