Mission and Goals
The mission of the Office of Diversity Enhancement is to establish and maintain an environment that celebrates diversity that emphasizes professionalism and excellence, and that promotes and nurtures future leaders in Medicine. Einstein has always had an interest in providing support for historically underrepresented students in Medicine. Our aim is to reflect and complement the diversity of the Bronx community in which the school is located and which it serves. We are committed to developing a broadly diverse cadre of clinicians, researchers and educators in order to effectively promote health and address health disparities in our local community, in the nation and abroad.
Our overall vision is to create an Office of Diversity Enhancement that focuses on one of the core Einstein values: the excellence and integrity of all our students. The combination of the following goals will allow us to achieve our vision.
The goals of the Office of Diversity Enhancement are to:
- Recruit the most qualified and broadly diverse students who share our vision of excellence, integrity and commitment to providing the best health care
- Ensure academic success and provide career development support
- Develop student leadership initiatives and representation at national and regional academic conferences and organizations
- Support diversity in all areas of medical education
- Provide critical pipeline programs for racial/ ethnic minorities and socio-economically disadvantaged students– beginning in high schools
- Supporting the development of community based service learning experiences for all students