- The Class of 2018 has 183 students. 47% are women; 8% have self-identified as belonging to groups traditionally under-represented in medicine, and 7% are M.D./Ph.D. students. 8,193 applicants applied for entrance.
- Students range in age from 21 to 39; 33(18%) are over the age of 25 and 4 are over the age of 30. The average age of the class is 23.4.
- The average total GPA of the class is 3.76. 33 is the average MCAT score.
- 3 are international students and 27 (15%) were born outside the U.S. in countries that include China, Ecuador, Ghana, India, Italy, Korea, Republic of Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, South Africa, and Thailand.
- Class members represent 73 colleges. The most highly represented, with three or more students, are Barnard, Brown, Columbia, Cornell, the City University of New York, Duke, Fordham, Harvard, Rutgers, the State University of NY, Tufts, the University of California, the University of Michigan, the University of Pennsylvania, Washington University, Yale and Yeshiva.
- Students represent the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and 19 states including Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington.
- 50 (27%) are non-science majors. 87 (48%) have a bachelor of arts; 74 (40%) have a bachelor of science; 6 (4%) have combined bachelor of arts and bachelor of science degrees; 2 have a bachelor of engineering; 1 has a bachelor of business administration; and 7% have an advanced degree.
Members of the faculty, alumni and administration welcome members of the Class of 2018 and wish them success and happiness as students at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and as future physicians!