1. Brier, N. and Demb, H.: Psychotherapy with the Developmentally Disabled Adolescent. Journal of
Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. Vol. 1, p. 19-23, no. 1, 1980.
2. Brier, N. and Demb, H.: Adolescence in the Developmentally Disabled: Stage or Syndrome. Psychiatric
Annuals, Vol.11, p. 57-23, no. 3, 1981.
3. Brier, N.: The Mildly Retarded Adolescent: A Psychosocial Perspective. Journal of Developmental and
Behavioral Pediatrics, Vol. 7, p. 320-323, no. 5, 1986.
4. Brier, N.: Parental Reactions to the Discovery of a Handicapped Child. Resident and Staff Physician,
Vol. 32, p. 34-40, no. 6, 1986.
5. Brier, N. and Carlson-Perez, E.: A Gap in Service: Screening for Developmental Disabilities Within a Juvenile
Justice Population. Juvenile and Family Court Journal, Vol. 37, p. 15-19, no. 5, 1986.
6. Brier, N., Carlson-Perez, E. and Kaufman, J.: The Evolution and Application of a Screening
Instrument to Identify Adolescents with Developmental Disabilities. Juvenile and Family Court Journal,
Vol. 40, p. 35-42, no.1, 1989.
7. Brier, N.: The Relationship Between Learning Disability and Delinquency: A Review and Reappraisal.
Journal of Learning Disabilities, Vol. 22, p. 546-553, no. 9, 1989.
8. Brier, N.: Targeted treatment for the learning disabled defendant: Effects on recidivism. Journal of Learning
Disabilities, Vol. 27, p. 215-222, no. 4, 1994.
9. Brier, N.: Pregnancy loss: Understanding and coping with the Emotional reactions to a miscarriage. Journal of
Obstetrics and Gynecology,Vol. 93, 1, 151-155, 1999.
10. Brier, N.: Anxiety following a miscarriage: A review of the empirical literature and implications for clinical
practice. Birth, Vol. 31, 2, 138-142, 2004.
11. Brier, N.: Grief following miscarriage: A comprehensive review of the literature. Journal of Women’s Health, Vol. 17, 3, 451-464, 2008.
12. Brier, N. 1998. Mental Retardation. In S. B. Friedman, M. M. Fisher, S. K. Schonberg, & E. M. Alderman
(Eds.), Comprehensive Adolescent Health Care-Second Edition. St. Louis, Missouri: Mosby.
13. Brier, N. 2006. Enhancing Academic Motivation: An intervention program for young adolescents. Champaign,
IL.: Research Press.
14. Brier, N. 2007. Motivating Children and Adolescents for Academic Success: A parent
involvement program. Champaign, IL: Research Press.
15. Brier, N. 2010. Self-regulated learning: Practical interventions for struggling teens. Champaign, IL: Research Press.
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.