There is extensive cross training (Internal Medicine and Pediatric) between the two tracks.
- Both divisions see both children and adults in their faculty practice offices.
- Fellows do mandatory 6-month rotations through the Internal Medicine Pediatric and/adult outpatient clinics in each of the two years.
- Adult track and Internal Medicine/Pediatric Track fellows have the opportunity to work in the faculty practices of the pediatric Attending Physician as part of their elective rotations.
- All fellows conduct in-patient consultations on both pediatric and adult patients. For the adult patients, consults are discussed with one of the Adult Attending Physician. For the pediatric patients, consults are discussed with one of the Pediatric Attending Physicians.
- All fellows and Attending Physicians from both divisions meet for about two hours at a lunch conference every Friday, for case discussions and a formal lecture.