Mission, Vision & Strategy
The Montefiore Einstein Department of Pathology’s mission is threefold:
- To deliver high-quality, patient-centered healthcare using state-of-the-art diagnostic procedures;
- To train pathologists to be integral members of healthcare teams and prepare them to meet current and future challenges to medicine and society;
- To contribute to the discovery of new scientific knowledge and translate it into the practice of pathology.
We continually strive to deliver the highest possible standard of care to underserved patient populations in the Bronx and beyond through innovation and excellence in the areas of Pathology Education, Research and Diagnostic Medicine.
We employ a three-pronged approach in actualizing our mission and vision:
- Integrating research, education, clinical care, and community health to advance the understanding of disease mechanisms;
- Applying new knowledge and best practices to diagnostic medicine;
- Developing educational programs that will produce medical scientists and clinicians who are well prepared to apply the techniques and procedures of pathology in collaborating with clinicians across all disciplines to improve individual and population health.