The prerequisites for admission to the program include graduation from an ACGME accredited medical school. All positions are filled through ERAS/NRMP. For the application cycle taking place in 2011-12, the program plans to match 2 candidates. Interview dates for 2011-12 are Mondays November 14, 2011, December 11, 2011, and January 8, 2011. Applicants are invited to join our present residents for dinner Sunday evening prior to the interview in NYC.
General information regarding interview dates and the match process can be found on the Society of Neurological Surgeons website.
- PGY-1 Salary ~ $54,000/year disbursed biweekly. The salaries increase each year and with each resident's PGY level.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance are provided through the hospital.
- A Voluntary Tax Deferred Annuity Plan is available through the hospital.
- 4 weeks vacation/year are provided.
- Malpractice coverage is provided through the hospital.
- $15/day are provided for meals at at Montefiore Medical Center.
- $500/year book fund is provided through the House Staff office which may be used to purchase a smart phone, iPhone, iPad, e-reader, etc.
- Surgical loupes are provided in the first year through the department.
- 4 Labcoats/year and scrubs are provided through the hospital.
- Further information on house staff or general hospital benefits is available on the GME house staff website.
- Travel and accomodations are provided to those giving presentations at national conferences and meetings.
- Subsidized resident housing is available through Montefiore Medical Center and through Roosevelt Hospital. Housing at Montefiore is available on the hospital campus or in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. Further information is available through Montefiore Housing or Roosevelt Housing.
- Parking is available for $60/month which can be deducted pre-tax from your check.
Medical students interested in doing a one month clinical elective in the Department of Neurological Surgery at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center may contact the Registrar's Ofiice at (718) 430-2102 or the department coordinator Rachel Fink at (718) 920-7400 or Rachel Fink.