Results of the 2013 Fellowship Match showed that members of the Einstein/Montefiore Internal Medicine Residency Program were strongly placed into fellowship programs for the coming year, and the Department of Medicine did very well attracting and matching both external and internal residents into its fellowship programs.
Following is the list of Internal Medicine residents' matches by institution and subspecialty:
- Boston University: Gastroenterology
- Columbia University: Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine, Infectious Diseases
- Einstein/Montefiore: Allergy & Immunology, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Infectious Diseases
- Einstein Medical Center (Philadelphia, PA): Gastroenterology
- George Washington University: Gastroenterology
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center: Nephrology
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania: Endocrinology
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine: Nephrology
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center: Hematology/Oncology
- Montefiore/Bronx Lebanon: Cardiology
- Mt. Sinai Medical Center (NYC): Pulmonary/Critical Care, Endocrinology
- New York Hospital Queens: Cardiology
- NYU Langone Medical Center: Nephrology, Pulmonary Medicine, Rheumatology
- Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School: Hematology/Oncology
- Stony Brook University Medical Center: Cardiology
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center: Allergy
- Temple University: Hematology/Oncology
- University of Maryland: Infectious Diseases
- University of Virginia: Cardiology
- University of California San Francisco: Infectious Diseases
- Weill Cornell Medical College: Nephrology
"Congratulations to our residents, and our sincere thanks to our Program Director Dr. Ro Conigliaro; to our Firm Leaders Bettina Fries, Sheira Schlair, and Lauren Shapiro; and to the Assistant Firm Leaders and key faculty for all of their mentoring, teaching, guidance, and efforts," said Dr. Victor Schuster, Chairman of the Department of Medicine.
While nationally a number of fellowship spots went unfilled, particularly in the areas of Infectious Diseases and Nephrology, Einstein/Montefiore Department of Medicine fellowships were 100% competitively matched.
The subspecialties and the number of fellows matriculated are as follows:
"My thanks to the fellowship directors, the division chiefs, and the faculty for creating and sustaining such vital and attractive subspecialty training programs," said Dr. Schuster.