Residents have access to 2 state-of-the-art health sciences libraries, the D. Samuel Gottesman Library (Einstein) and the Tishman Learning Center (Montefiore/Moses Division).
Both libraries are served by full-time reference staff and are fully automated and linked into an integrated information system. Literature searches can be conducted using the MEDLINE database in either library or via modem.
D. Samuel Gottesman Library
The Gottesman Library offers an extensive book and periodicals collection, medical research databases, training classes, inter-library loan services with medical libraries nationwide, and fully equipped computer rooms.
See the Gottesman Library website for more information.
Tishman Learning Center
This full-service library and media center offers:
- Extensive collection of books and periodicals, including 35,000 bound journal volumes and 800 current journals.
- Multiple terminals providing access to the Library Information System (LIS), a computerized catalog of all materials in both the Tishman Center and the Gottesman Library.
- Microcomputer study room that houses Mac and PC compatible units with word processing, spreadsheet, database, and graphics software.
- Interlibrary loan program through which books and journals not available at the Tishman Center can be obtained from the extensive network of medical libraries in the metropolitan area and across the country.
- Quiet seating and work spaces in a comfortable, 10,000 square foot area