Eight Department of Medicine faculty members will be honored at the next Einstein Academic Convocation on Monday, September 26.
On this special occasion, which takes place every other year, the following faculty members will be recognized:
- Dr. James Scheuer will be invested as the Emeritus Chair of the Department of Medicine and Distinguished University Professor of Medicine Emeritus.
- Dr. Nikolaos Frangogiannis will be invested as the Edmond J. Safra/Republic National Bank of New York Chair in Cardiovascular Medicine.
- Dr. Paul S. Frenette will receive tenure and be invested as the Chair and Director of the Ruth L. and David S. Gottesman Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Research.
- Dr. Mario Garcia will be invested as the Pauline A. Levitt Chair in Medicine.
- Dr. Nir Barzilai will be installed as the Director of the Nathan Shock Center of Excellence in the Basic Biology of Aging.
- Dr. Felise Milan will be installed as the Director of the Ruth L. Gottesman Clinical Skills Center.
- Drs. Julia Arnsten and Meredith Hawkins will receive tenure.