David W. Appel, M.D.
Clinical Specialty Areas
- sleep medicine
- general pulmonary medicine
- Use of a snoring scale and bedside pharyngeal volume measurements to predict obstructive sleep apnea and cpap pressure to treat it prior to the performance of any sleep studies
- Sleep and Cough
- effect of sleep apnea on awake cough response
- effect of treatment of sleep apnea on awake cough response
- measurement of cough response during sleep among normals/effect of sleep stage
- cough response during sleep among people with sleep apnea
- Sleep and Gastroespohageal reflux among people with obstructive sleep apnea
- Obstructive sleep apnea and aspiration
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Restless Leg Syndrome among post-gastric bypass patients
- Relation between Restless Leg Syndrome and H. pylori
- Relation between Restless Leg Syndrome and use of proton pump inhibitors
- Obstructive sleep apnea and anemia of aging. Is hepcidin a factor?
- Obstructive sleep apnea and congestive heart failure among African Americans
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.