Fellowship by year: The first year of the program is devoted to clinical training, the second year to a clinical or basic research project.
Fellows gain clinical procedure experience including joint aspiration, soft tissue injection techniques, bone radiology, and osteoperosis screening.
In order to achieve the goals and objectives for the fellowship program the following experiences have been designed:
- inpatient rheumatology experience
- ambulatory rheumatology experience
- ambulatory rotations with other clinical subspecialties
- didactic conferences
- research experience
- continuing medical education and participation at professional meetings
- development of teaching skills