Yoram A. Puius, M.D., Ph.D.
- Infections in the immunocompromised host, including recipients of kidney, liver, heart, and stem cell transplants
- Infectious in patients with hematological malignancies
- Infections in patients with Left Ventricular Assist Devices
- Lyme disease
- Pre-travel counseling and vaccination for the immunocompromised patient
- Levy, D.T., Peck, N., Minamoto, G.Y., Puius, Y.A., D’Alessandro, D.A., Goldstein, D. and Muggia, V.A. (2014) The role of gallium SPECT-CT in the diagnosis of left ventricular assist device infections: A case series and review of the literature. ASAIO J., in press
- Levy, D.T., Guo, Y., Simkins, J., Puius, Y.A., Muggia, V.A., Goldstein, D.J., D'Alessandro, D.A., and Minamoto, G.Y. (2014) Left ventricular assist device exchange for persistent infection: a case series and review of the literature. Transplant Infectious Diseases, 16(3):453-460.
- Puius, Y.A., Sonder, G. B., and Mileno, M. (2013) Chapter 27: The Immunocompromised Traveler. In: Travel Medicine, 3rd Edition, Jay Keystone, Ed. Elsevier.
- Irizarry-Acosta, M. and Puius, Y.A. (2010) Post-influenza pneumonia: Everything old is new again. Medicine and Health in Rhode Island, 93: 204-211.
- Puius, Y.A. and Kalish, R.A. (2008) Lyme Arthritis: Pathogenesis, Clinical Presentation, and Management. Infectious Disease Clinics of North America, 22: 289-300.
- Puius, Y.A., Shah, D.P., Brust, D.G., Dove, L.M., and Lefkowitch, J.H. (2008) Three Cases of Autoimmune Hepatitis in HIV Infected Patients. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, 42: 425-429.
- Puius, Y.A. and Snydman, D.R. (2007) Prophylaxis and treatment of CMV disease in recipients of solid organ transplants: Current approach and future challenges. Current Opinion in Infectious Diseases 20: 419-424.
- Puius, Y.A. and Scully, B. (2007) Treatment of Candida albicans pericarditis in a heart transplant patient. Transplant Infectious Diseases 9: 229-232.
- Puius, Y.A., Stievater, T.H., and Srikrishnan, T. (2006) Crystal structure, conformation, and absolute configuration of kanamycin A. Carbohydrate Research 341: 2871-2875.
- Dewan, J.C., Feeling-Taylor, A., Puius, Y.A., Patskovska, L., Patskovsky, Y., Nagel, R.L., Almo, S.C., and Hirsch, R.E.(2002) Structure of mutant human carbonmonoxyhemoglobin C (βE6K) at 2.0 Å resolution. Acta Crystallographica D58: 2038-2042.
- Sarmiento, M., Puius, Y.A., Vetter, S.W., Keng, Y.-F., Wu, L., Zhao, Y., Lawrence, D.S., Almo, S.C., and Zhang, Z.-Y. (2000) Structural basis of plasticity in protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B substrate recognition. Biochemistry 39: 8171-8179.
- Puius, Y.A., Fedorov, E.V., Eichinger, L., Schleicher, M., and Almo, S.C. (2000) Mapping the functional surface of domain 2 in the gelsolin superfamily. Biochemistry 39: 5322-5331.
- Puius, Y.A., Zou, M., Ho, N.T., Ho, C., and Almo, S.C. (1998) Novel water-mediated hydrogen bonds as the structural basis for the low oxygen affinity of the blood substitute candidate rHb(α96Val®Trp). Biochemistry 37: 9258-65
- Puius, Y.A., Mahoney, N.M., and Almo, S.C. (1998) The modular structure of actin-regulatory proteins. Current Opinion in Cell Biology 10: 23-34.
- Puius, Y.A., Zhao, Y., Sullivan, M., Lawrence, D.S., Almo, S.C., and Zhang, Z.-Y. (1997) Identification of a second aryl phosphate-binding site in protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1B: a paradigm for inhibitor design. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the U.S.A. 94: 13420-13425.
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.