Dr. Galen is a graduate of Tufts University School of Medicine and trained in internal medicine at Yale University. As a core faculty member in The Einstein/Montefiore Internal Medicine Residency Program, he is committed to inpatient medical education. In 2015 Dr. Galen received the Sharon R. Silbiger Faculty Teaching Award from the Einstein residents. His other clinical interests include point-of-care ultrasound, medical case reports, and clinical decision making. Dr. Galen is also studying immune responses to Herpes Simplex Virus in the central nervous system in Betsy Herold's laboratory.
1. Galen BT. Approaching end-of-life with aplomb and plombage. J Gen Intern Med. 2016. doi: 10.1007/s11606-016-3828-6 [doi].
2. Galen BT. Refractory hypoglycemia at the end of life treated with continuous dextrose infusion through ambulatory infusion pump. J Palliat Med. 2016;19(8):802. doi: 10.1089/jpm.2016.0144 [doi].
3. Galen BT. Underpad weight to estimate urine output in adult patients with urinary incontinence. J Geriatr Cardiol. 2015;12(2):189-190. doi: 10.11909/j.issn.1671-5411.2015.02.016 [doi].
4. Galen BT, Fogerty RL, Juthani-Mehta M. Don't order a test just because you can. South Med J. 2015;108(5):251-253. doi: 10.14423/SMJ.0000000000000279 [doi].
5. Galen BT, Sankey C. Sepsis: An update in management. J Hosp Med. 2015. doi: 10.1002/jhm.2435 [doi].
6. Galen BT, Schnobrich DJ. Pocket-sized ultrasound for physical diagnosis. J Gen Intern Med. 2015. doi: 10.1007/s11606-015-3318-2 [doi].
7. Zheng Q, Galen BT. Wellens' syndrome in an elderly patient with dementia. J Gen Intern Med. 2015. doi: 10.1007/s11606-015-3251-4 [doi].
8. Galen BT. Inpatient end-of-life decisions informed by definitive diagnosis. J Palliat Med. 2014. doi: 10.1089/jpm.2014.0319 [doi].
9. Galen BT. The impact of cost displays on ordering. J Gen Intern Med. 2014;29(10):1331-014-2944-4. doi: 10.1007/s11606-014-2944-4 [doi].
10. Galen BT, Banach DB, Gitman MR, Trow TK. Meningoencephalitis due to gemella haemolysans. J Med Microbiol. 2014;63(Pt 1):138-139. doi: 10.1099/jmm.0.063347-0 [doi].
11. Galen BT, Federman DG. Large tophi and nodal arthritis. J Clin Rheumatol. 2014;20(6):336. doi: 10.1097/RHU.0000000000000144 [doi].
12. Galen BT, Rose MG. Darier's sign in mastocytosis. Blood. 2014;123(8):1127.
13. Galen BT, Siegel MD. Sedation interruption for mechanically ventilated patients. JAMA. 2013;309(10):981-982. doi: 10.1001/jama.2013.1004 [doi].
14. Galen BT. Is pocket ultrasound ready for prime time? Crit Care. 2012;16(6):436. doi: 10.1186/cc11827 [doi].
15. Galen BT. In support of residency training at an academic veterans hospital. Acad Med. 2012;87(8):993-994. doi: 10.1097/ACM.0b013e31825ccb4f [doi].
16. Galen BT. Post-test probability according to prevalence. J Gen Intern Med. 2011;26(10):1090; author reply 1091. doi: 10.1007/s11606-011-1787-5 [doi].
Material in this section is provided by individual faculty members who are solely responsible for its accuracy and content.