Request for Proposals: Pilot Grants for Aging-Related Research
April 27, 2009
The Resnick Gerontology Center is requesting proposals for aging-related pilot research projects –clinical, basic or social science. The budget maximum is $5000.
Deadline for submission: June 1, 2009
Notification: June 15, for funding July 1-June 30, 2009
This award is intended to stimulate aging- related research at Einstein to generate pilot data which may support a subsequent application for extramural funding.
Candidates may be a fellow, doctoral or postdoctoral candidate, or have a faculty rank at the instructor or assistant professor level. Each candidate must have an identified mentor. Prior awardees of Resnick funds are not eligible for funds, but may serve as a mentor.
The proposal must not exceed 3 pages, use 11 pt or greater font, and must contain the following elements:
- Title Page
- project title
- applicant information (name, degree, academic rank, department, division, email address, telephone number and/or pager number, office address)
- mentor information (name, degree, academic rank, email address, department, office address, telephone number)
- expected outcomes
- key references
Funds may not be used for salary of the investigator or the mentor, but can be used for partial or full support of technical personnel, research assistants or statistical analyses, or for supplies and/or equipment. Priority will be given to new investigators who need support for pilot projects leading to an R-01 application or an Academic Career type of award.
- Budget – line item budget, personnel, fringe, materials, equipment, not to exceed $5000
- Budget justification – indicate how funds are to be used and why the amount is requested
- NIH-style biographical sketch for both applicant and mentor, each not to exceed 3 pages
A brief report, three to five pages in length, is required to be submitted at the conclusion of funding, on June 30, 2010, to Dr. Laurie Jacobs, as below.
Applications must be received by June 1, noon, without exception, by email, to:
Dr. Laurie G. Jacobs
Geriatrics/Director, Resnick Gerontology Center
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Montefiore Medical Center
111 East 210th Street
Bronx, NY 10467
Fax: (718) 655-9672