Robert and Joyce Menschel Geriatric Home Visiting Program
Schedule an appointment: P. Wald-Cagan, RN, ANP, 866-633-8255 (866-MED-TALK)
The Einstein-Montefiore Geriatric Home Visiting Program offers specialized in-home primary and consultative geriatric medical care for homebound older adults.
The Einstein-Montefiore Geriatric Home Visiting team performs a complete patient evaluation, including an examination of physical status, mobility, memory, medications, psychological well-being, nutrition, home environment and safety.
Homebound older adults who may benefit include those who are physically frail, have difficulty with walking or travel, and/or have memory problems. The assessment and plan of care is discussed with the patient and caregivers. Patients are seen at home approximately every three months with periodic reassessment and communication with family and caregivers occurs as needed.
- Cognitive, functional and physical examinations
- Treatment of acute and chronic medical problems
- Medication management
- Vaccinations and flu shots
- Laboratory testing
- Skilled home care referrals
- PRI completion
- Hospital care when needed by the Geriatrics Acute Hospital Care Service at Moses Division, Montefiore Medical Center
- 24-hour on-call coverage