The Einstein-Montefiore Division of Dermatology is actively involved in clinical trials. We are investigating therapies for various skin conditions including psoriasis, wound healing, and eczema. We are committed to examining new therapies, instruments, and devices for the treatment of skin disease. Under the direction of Dr. Steven Cohen, Professor and Chief, our primary goals are to advance the basic and translational science behind dermatology through clinical research, as well as offer our patients the opportunity to participate in the most recent advances in treatments.
Current Clinical Trials
Some examples of current trials include:
- Amgen Study- Phase IV study reviewing long-term safety of Enbrel in patients with chronic plaque psoriasis.
- Intercytex - Phase III study of the efficacy of ICXP007 plus four-layer compression in the treatment of chronic venous ulcers.
- Centocor Study- Study of the efficacy of Remicaide in the treatment of severe plaque psoriasis in patients with inadequate response to Enbrel.
- Hill Study- Phase II study of the safety of Clobetasol Propionate Oil in the treatment of severe plaque psoriasis.
- Abbott Study- Study of the efficacy of Humira in the treatment of severe plaque psoriasis in patients with inadequate response to Enbrel
If interested in finding out more on our clinical trials or eligibility for participation, please contact:
Aron Gewirtzman, MD
Einstein-Montefiore Department of Medicine (Dermatology)
Montefiore Medical Center
111 East 210th Street
Bronx, NY 10467-2490
Fax: (718) 944-4219