Director: Charles E. Rogler, Ph.D.
Co-Director: Robert D. Burk, M.D.
Core Manager: Tatyana Tchaikovskaya, Ph.D.
Transgenic, Gene Knockout and Bioinformatics Coordinator: Leslie E. Rogler, Ph.D.
The development of technologies for deep sequencing and other genomic analysis methods, (454 Life Sciences, Solexa and SNP analysis), have opened up a new era in genomics research. The Molecular Biology and Genetics Core facilitates the use of these new technologies by providing help and direction in the preparation of high quality oligonucleotide primers and TAQ Polymerase samples for sequencing and proteomic analysis.
- Q PCR and Q RT/PCR, using the ABI Prism 7000 Sequence Detection System
- TAQ Polymerase
- Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) detection
- Conceptual Framework
- Real-time PCR instrument
- MicroRNA profiling service:
- MiRNA Target analysis using Affymetrix Oligonucleotide Microarrays and SILAC proteomics analysis.
- MiRNA Target Analysis using Reporter plasmid constructs.
- Deep RNA Sequencing (454 Life Sciences and Solexa) for Transcriptome Characterization.