Office of International Services (OIS)

Transferring to Einstein

A Research Scholar may transfer from one program to another if the purpose of the transfer is to complete the objective for which he or she was admitted to the United States in Research Scholar status.

To effect a transfer, the Sponsor (faculty mentor) is responsible to complete the "Request for J-1 Visa Form"  and return it to the OIS, Belfer Building, Room 1205, along with the following documentation:

  • Copy of the Research Scholar's curriculum vitae
  • Copy of Diploma
  • Copy of passport and I-94 card
  • Copy of all DS-2019 forms issued to the Research Scholar
  • Proof of financial support, including funding source information if paid by Einstein
  • Name, address, telephone number, email address of Responsible Officer at current University.

Upon receipt of this information, the OIS will contact the current University sponsor to determine whether a transfer is agreeable. If the transfer is made by the current University, the Einstein Sponsor (faculty mentor) will be notified when the transfer is complete and a DS-2019 will be prepared for the Research Scholar.

Click here to log in