Membership fees are as follows:
A limited number of lockers are available for rent. The fee is as follows:
Full year - $60 Half year - $30
Payment by check or money order only, payable to Einstein College of Medicine
Gift certificates may be purchased for eligible members their spouses.
- Members and eligible members of the Falk Recreation Center are permitted guests passes. Guest Passes are $8.00 each.
- A Guest Pass Discount Card is available. The card is $35.00 for five visits.
- Members are required to accompany their guests to the center and remain with them throughout the visit.
- Trial Membership - All eligible members may request a free trial membership which is 7 visits in 14 days.
Policies and Procedures
- Members must display Membership I.D. upon entering the center
- Smoking, food and beverages are not permitted.
- Only rubber-soled athletic shoes may be worn in the activity areas. (Nonmarking soled shoes only.)
- Workout clothes are required in the gymnasium, racquetball courts and weight rooms. "Scrubs" and clogs are discouraged. Workout clothes may include: shorts, sneakers, sweats, t-shirts. Shirts and closed shoes must be worn in the weight rooms.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted in the center at any time.
- Lockers are available for day use or extended rental. Members are required to supply their own locks. Members not paying for a rental locker must remove their locks prior to leaving the facility. Those locks left on overnight will be clipped.
- The center cannot be responsible for your personal belongings. Please secure all valuables in your locker while you are using the facility. Belongings are not to be left in the reception or activity areas at any time.
- A Lost and Found is located in the reception area. Please return any articles found to the front desk and check the front desk if an item of yours is missing.
- Athletic equipment is available for you to borrow while you use the center. Please return it to its distribution point upon leaving.
Pool Area Rules
- The pool opens daily at 11:00 a.m. except for "EARLY BIRD SWIM," which is on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- All members are reminded to shower before entering the pool or whirlpool.
- When swimming with two or more people in the lane, stay to the right.
- The use of swim fins will not be permitted when there are two or more people in a lane.
- Please observe fast and slow lane signs (when necessary) and all other signs posted in the pool area.
- Bathing suits are required in the pool area. No cut-offs or gym shorts are permitted.
- Reservations may be made in person 24 hours in advance for a 45-minute time slot.
- Reservations will not be honored after 5 minutes following the scheduled starting time.
- Safety goggles are recommended to be worn on the courts at all times.
Stairmaster/Recumbent Bike/Treadmills/Elliptical Trainer
- Members may reserve a 30-minute time slot for that day only. (This allows 25 minutes to work out and 5 minutes to set program, read results, and clean the machine.)
- Reservations will not be honored after 5 minutes following the scheduled sign-up time.
- Reservations may be made in person on a walk-in basis whenever the facility is open. Reservations are for the same day only.
Reservations by Telephone, 718.430.4298
- Reservations will be accepted during any hours of operation.
- Reservations may be made up to one day in advance, except that reservations may be made on Friday for Saturday, Sunday or Monday.
- Stairmaster, treadmill, recumbent bike and elliptical trainer reservations may be made for the same day only.