The receiving department is responsible for processing all incoming packages and materials. We currently receive approximately 100,000 items per year.
Policies and Procedures
- The receiving department is responsible for sorting and distribution of packages.
- Deliveries will be made to the address shown on the package or to the main office of the department.
- Deliveries are made Monday through Friday, with signature required at the time of delivery. Departments may schedule a time to pick up packages at the receiving department by contacting the receiving department directly.
- The receiving department must be notified of any special delivery concerns or instructions, or if the packages(s) require special handling (such as size).
- Upon request, the receiving department will provide temporary storage not to exceed 24 hours.
- We cannot be held responsible for any damaged or missing packages for personal items shipped to the receiving department.
To learn more about our procedures, please download our Receiving document.
Q: Where is the receiving department located?
A: The receiving department is located at the Belfer loading dock
Q: What are the hours of operation?
A: Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Q: Are there exceptions and limitations to acceptance?
- Items delivered on a “Furnish & Install” basis should be acknowledged as received by the department in which the goods are received
- Services ordered on a purchase order should be acknowledged as received