The receiving department is responsible for processing all incoming packages and materials. We currently receive approximately 100,000 items per year.
Policies and Procedures
- The receiving department is responsible for sorting and distribution of packages.
- Deliveries will be made to the address shown on the package or to the main office of the department.
- Deliveries are made Monday through Friday, with signature required at the time of delivery. Departments may schedule a time to pick up packages at the receiving department by contacting the receiving department directly.
- The receiving department must be notified of any special delivery concerns or instructions, or if the packages(s) require special handling (such as size).
- Upon request, the receiving department will provide temporary storage not to exceed 24 hours.
- We cannot be held responsible for any damaged or missing packages for personal items shipped to the receiving department.
To learn more about our procedures, please download our Receiving document.
Where is the receiving department located?
The receiving department is located at the Belfer loading dock
What are the hours of operation?
Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Are there exceptions and limitations to acceptance?
- Items delivered on a “Furnish & Install” basis should be acknowledged as received by the department in which the goods are received
- Services ordered on a purchase order should be acknowledged as received