The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) is responsible for ensuring that persons handling animals are trained to accomplish experimental goals in a humane way that minimizes animal pain and distress. Training is free-of-charge to members of the Einstein community who utilize research animals. Training consists of two components.
- CITI Computer-Based Training. This component consists of various online training modules that are required to be completed prior to attending face to face training.
- Face to Face training. This component provides institutional specific information. You must complete CITI computer-based training before attending face to face training.
In addition, to the above described training, you may be interested in visiting the links below:
- Assistance with the "Alternatives" Search and the "3 R's of Replacement, Reduction and Refinement":
- Performing Experimental Procedures (demonstrations):
- Recognizing Pain, Illness and Distress
- Calculating Animal Numbers: