|Please see "Frequently Asked Questions" to find out the difference between: IACUC animal study proposal review in a convened meeting and "expedited" review, and when is it appropriate to use the latter.
ANIMAL USE PROTOCOL FORMS
Before preparing your animal use protocol, you might be interested in reviewing the pamphlet What Investigators Need to Know About Animal Use (NIH Publication No. 05-6009). Also, please note that you my submit your initial submission by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Breeding Animal Use Protocol - For breeding and production of animals for colony maintenance and distribution ONLY. Any experiments to be performed on these animals MUST be described separate in the "Regular Animal Use Protocol" (below).
- Contract Antibody Services Protocol - To obtain custom antibodies from an approved outside facility.
- Regular Animal Use Protocol Form (A SEPARATE PROTOCOL IS REQUIRED FOR EACH SPECIES) - To perform any other experimental procedure not covered by animal use protocol forms listed above.
MODIFICATIONS TO ANIMAL USE PROTOCOL FORMS
- Modification to Add Personnel – This form is only to add new personnel. NOTE: If you are trying to add a High School Student to a protocol, prior to preparing modification, please see Institutional Biosaftey Committee's "GUIDELINES for MINORS WORKING in LABORATORIES". To remove personnel, please send a letter or an e-mail to the IACUC.
- Modification to Add Visiting Scientist - This form is to add visiting scientist that will be at Einstein. Depending on length of stay at Einstein, training may be exempted. Please see Policy on Visiting Scientist for specific details.
- Modification to Add and/or Change Procedures, Animals drugs, etc. to an Approved Animal Use Protocol. NOTE: Do not use to add laboratory personnel.
- Modification to Add Services from Einstein's MicroPET Core Facility. NOTE: Prior to using this form, please be sure that you have first contacted Einstein's MicroPET Core Facility
ADDITIONAL SHEETS AND APPENDICES
(to be attached to protocol or modifications)
DOCUMENTS REFERRED TO IN APPENDIX 8
List of Hazardous Agents (along with SOP) – Referred to in Appendix 8
Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Forms – Referred to in Appendix 8 (not required for agents classified as ABSL-1 and CSL-1).
Hazard Signs – Referred to Appendix 8 (not required for agents classified as ABSL-1 and CSL-1).
Biohazard Sign ABSL2
Biohazard Sign ABSL3
Chemical Hazard Sign CSL2
Radioactive Material Sign RSL1A
Radioactive Material Sign RSL1B
Radioactive Material Sign RSL2
LINKS TO ASSIST IN PROVIDING EXPLANATION OF ANIMAL NUMBERS
IN TABULAR FORM AND CALCULATING ANIMAL NUMBERS:
FORMS TO ATTACH TO GRANT SUBMISSIONS
If you have any questions regarding grants and/or which form to attach to the grant, please contact the IACUC Administrator, Dr. Jorge Larocca, at 718.839.7152.
- IACUC Grant Application Page – This form is required for new grants and resubmissions routed to the IACUC. The grant must be marked “Pending” and the IACUC will authorize submission of the grant.
- Animal Use Assurance Statement (AA-1 Form) – This form may be used for renewals, continuations, and revisions/supplementals. However please note the following: If you check items 3A-E “NO”, the grant does not have to be routed to the IACUC. If you check "YES" to any item under 3, then the grant must be routed to the IACUC. The grant will be marked "Pending" and the IAUC will authorize submission of the grant.
- Memorandum of Understanding - For animal care and use oversight between collaborating pre-assured institutions.
- Inter-institutional Assurance - Required when Awardee Institution Lacks a PHS Assurance