The Office of Academic Appointments is responsible for verification of credentials and for processing the official appointment and reappointment letters for Postdoctoral Investigators. The Office of Academic Appointments staff works in conjunction with the Belfer Institute for Advanced Biomedical Studies, which is responsible for all issues relating to postdoctoral investigators.
Process for Appointment as a Research Fellow, Visiting Post-Doctoral Fellow or Clinical Fellow
The following documents are to be submitted to the Office of Academic Appointments in advance of the intended effective date of appointment. All applications must be typed.
- Research Fellow/Visiting Post-Doctoral Fellow/Clinical Fellow Appointment Application (must be typed).
- Letter of offer signed by the Chair, Principal Investigator and prospective Postdoctoral Investigator.
- Current curriculum vitae and bibliography.
- A copy of the candidate's Doctoral Degree(s) (translated and evaluated, if necessary).
- Authorization to Release Information Form.
Post-Doctoral Fellows who hold a post-doctoral appointment at another institution will be appointed as a Visiting Post-Doctoral Fellow. The term of appointment will be limited to one year. Stipends for Visiting Post-Doctoral Fellows should be in accordance with the NIH stipend guidelines.
*Appointment as a clinical fellow requires the same procedures as above but is not under the purview of the Belfer Institute.
Research Fellow, Visiting Post-Doctoral Fellow and Clinical Fellow Termination Notification Procedure
Information related to the resignation or termination of Research Fellows and Clinical Fellows on the Einstein payroll should be provided on the E-paf, routed to the Office of Academic Appointments. For all Research Fellows, Visiting Post-Doctoral Fellows and Clinical Fellows not on Einstein payroll, please submit to the Office of Academic Appointments:
- Research Fellow/Visiting Post-Doctoral Fellow/Clinical Fellow Termination Department Recommendation Form signed by the departmental Chair indicating the termination reason, effective date and forwarding information.
- Copy of letter of resignation (if applicable).
For more information about Research Fellows see: Belfer Institute
For more information about Clinical Fellows see: Graduate Medical Education